1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I’ve Ruined Our Sex Life

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Jan 18, 2020.

1. fadedfidelity

fadedfidelity Fapstronaut

I do not understand why you cumming early has anything to do with you not finishing her off and making her cum?! So, you're done and she gets nothing? No wonder she isn't interested in sex with you. Sex is not all about the male orgasm, there are 2 people involved and women deserve satisfaction too. What if the roles were reversed? Would you continue to have sex with a woman that got off easily and never finished you? Selfish lover, right?

2. The way I wrote it sounds selfish, there’s more to it than that. Because of her currently non-existent libido, she doesn’t want to continue after I’m done. I’ve tried. I’ve tried before penetration as well to get her off, but she just can’t get there. She just doesn’t want sex at all and doesn’t care if she orgasms or not. It’s not like I ejaculate and then get up to leave the bedroom right away. She and I are being more open about this whole thing now, so I’m sure everything will work out in the end.

3. akitty820

akitty820 Fapstronaut

Openness is the key. Just try doing everything you can. Maybe take a break from the sex entirely until she really feels up for it? I know I often can’t even MO because I just get to thinking about all this and I get too sad.

JamesTheSquirrel and CLaYFiRC like this.
  4. fadedfidelity

fadedfidelity Fapstronaut

Ah, I see. Poor girl is depressed and feels defeated and her ability to climax is messed up now. PA ruins the SO more than boys realize. I am not sure if she will be able to heal without major help from therapist that specialize in betrayal trauma--with or without staying with you. Please make sure she is getting the support she needs and focuses on herself instead of you and your PA. Sorry to sound harsh, but this is your fight and she has lost herself in it trying to help you. If you love her, you need to understand she should not be your accountability partner, nor should she feel obligated to have sex with you for fear that you will get worse. (Common thought and issue with SO's.) Most PA's cannot double task and do not realize they can help their partner with BT and they can also work on themselves at the same time. It's strange that PA messes up your brain's ability to comprehend stuff like that, but it is a side effect. Learning about BT is a part of the recovery process for PA. I wish you the best in your recovery and I hope things work out for you.

5. Wow , if only all women had sex drives like this, none of us would have needed to resort to p0rn in the first place!

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

If I were you, I would start by doing or saying smalls things that makes her feel desired. It doesn't have to be sexual stuff, just let her know that you are really into her.

And I repeat, you have to do this constantly, so again, small details. Kiss her out of nowhere, say she looks good, thank her for the things he does, etc. Make sure it feels natural both for you and for her, do not force it.

But I'm single so what do I know.

Broken and betrayed and CLaYFiRC like this.
  7. I have been doing those things, and it’s been helping a little bit. We talked again last night, and she admitted that she just feels numb lately. Not toward me, but I’m general. I told her I was worried about her and suggested she maybe reach out to her doctor. The doctor just upped her medications last month, and I think that is making things worse. Hopefully she reaches out to her doctor and they figure out what’s going on.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Then add to those little details something out of the ordinary. Bring her flowers, make her favorite meal, [ROMANTIC STUFF], etc.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  9. Faceplanter

Faceplanter Fapstronaut

This would be exactly the same in my life, if I got to the start of pleasuring her (or trying, unknown if that's possible). In these scenarios, O for the man means sex is finished. Doesn't matter if we'd like our partner to have an O, no interest to try again to go longer because of PE issues, just time to clean up/cuddle.

10. Faceplanter

Faceplanter Fapstronaut

I haven't read if you have described what is going on with your wife, but this would be labeled "survivor mode" by my wife. A women's survivor mode doesn't seem to include sex....I think that men's survivor mode still does.

Broken and betrayed likes this.
  11. The_new_me_

The_new_me_ New Fapstronaut

So how does a man who knows he had made mistakes recover from this ? Is it even possible ? As you said, you want to be wanted by him but on the other hand you will also wonder the motive behind his attraction ?

12. akitty820

akitty820 Fapstronaut

Of course - he’s going to have to prove himself.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  13. It's definitely possible. Over the past few weeks, I've been doing everything in my power to prove myself and show my love. We've also aired everything out in the open and continue to keep communication going. Communication is the key to a healthy relationship in general. Is our relationship where we'd both like it to be? Not quite. We still have a lot of work to do, but it's getting better every day.

akitty820 likes this.
  14. akitty820

akitty820 Fapstronaut

Wish my husband would do the same! I’m hoping he realizes he can.

15. _jaegerGipsyDanger

_jaegerGipsyDanger New Fapstronaut

Thank you for your story. I have a similar situation. I have told my wife about my addiction and she was supportive in the beginning but after each relapse she is becoming more and more distant and less supportive. I'm not relapsing often but it has been very difficult to get past the 90 mark. Now I feel like I shouldn't talk about it with her anymore because it is just devastating for her and our relationship.
    I know communication is super important but I don't have the courage to to talk to her about it anymore. I don't know if I'm wrong here but I'm really just trying to set personal goals and not take relapses lightly but also just try to forgive myself and move forward by showing my wife extra love and affection without any sexual pressure.

16. I understand. Even though I told my girl about it a few years into our relationship, I still hid relapses from her. I didn't want to cause her anymore pain than I already had. I regret doing that, because it probably caused more damage than just being honest would have.

Keep the communication going. It's hard and is a subject that no one likes to talk about, but it will be better for your relationship in the long run. When you're about to relapse, try and remember that you're not just doing NoFap for you. You're also doing it for your wife and your relationship. You can beat this addiction! Stay strong!

JamesTheSquirrel likes this.
  17. I haven't updated this thread for quite some time, since I usually post about my relationship in my Journal. Figured I would give an update here for those that don't follow me.

Our relationship is getting better each day. We laugh more, joke around more, and spend more time together. Now that the weather is getting warmed here and the snow is melting, we are able to get out of the house more. Being cooped up the past few months was driving us both insane. I've also been taking more initiative to help around the house, and that seems to have helped too. She's even been more willing to accept affection (hugs, kisses, etc). That's a huge step for her!

My fiancée has been seeing a therapist the past few months on a monthly basis. She has told me that it has helped, but she is still having a hard time talking. A few weeks ago, she and I talked more in depth about it. She told me that she feels like everything bad that has happened in her life is her fault. She blames herself for everything and ended up breaking down about it. I comforted her the best I could and apologized for everything I have put her through. She bottles everything up (because she feels it's her burden to bear), so it was good for her to finally let it all out.

About a month ago, her psychiatrist bumped up her anti-depressants quite a bit. A few days after taking the new dosage, she became more depressed than I have ever seen her. Many times I came home to her crying. We both agreed that the higher dosage may be doing more harm than good. She stopped taking that higher dosage about a week ago, and she's back to her normal self. Thank goodness! I was so worried!

Our sex life is still non-existent. I think we've had sex once since last updating this thread. I've tried to initiate it a few times, but she still isn't ready. And that's okay by me. I need to continue building up her trust and repairing the damage I have caused. Once she's ready, she'll tell me. What matters most right now is that we are both getting better and enjoying the time we spend together.

Bobske and JamesTheSquirrel like this.
  18. Bobske

Bobske Fapstronaut

Beautiful post. Nice and normal but very loving.
    Similar situation here, thanks for sharing.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  19. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Hi @CLaYFiRC, I'm happy to hear your relationship is going better and I hope your NoFap journey does as well.

Regarding your fiancees depression, it's entirely normal to feel worse on antidepressants before it gets better. If her doctor bumped up her dose, it might be because she needs it and maybe you two should discussed whether a temporary worsening in mood could be tolerated, if she feels much better (than on the lower dose) afterwards.

Sexual side effects are severe on SSRI (which is the type of depressants she in all likelihood is on). So if she can't orgasm, and that's why she doesn't feel for sex (or one of the reasons for it), she should talk to her psychiatrist about changing meds. There are other medications that doesn't have this side effect. She should of course never stop any treatment without discussing it thoroughly with her doctor. Untreated depression is very dangerous for the brain, and today there are a lot of good options for pharmacological treatment.

All the best to you two.

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  20. She has an appointment with her psychiatrist next week and is going to discuss everything with them then. There's also a medication that we both take currently that has caused weight gain for the both of us. I know the weight gain doesn't help with her self-esteem / self-image, so she is going to discuss that with the psychiatrist when she next sees her.

Lilla_My likes this.