1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Confession, again and again

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Fapstronaut

I have tried to go to confession regularly to confess sins of the flesh. Pride and guilt can make it hard to go back to confess, once again, the same old sins. However, I have always found peace in regularly receiving God's mercy. Here are some Scripture passages that have encouraged me:

"There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance" (Lk 15:7).
    "Happy the man whose sin is forgiven" (Ps 32).
    "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him" (Jn 3:17).
    "I say to you, [forgive] not seven times but seventy-seven times" (Mt 18:22). If God wants us to forgive 77 times, will not God outdo us in forgiveness, even 7,700 times or even 77,000?

tyrharper and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  2. I am very afraid but I know that I should go and do the confession - it's for the good and for the love of my own life... But I am very afraid of reaction of priest. What I know it is that PMO doesn't let me to appreciate the greatness of our God and simple things in life. Especially if you have demons as mine.. I remember when I had 36 days streak.. I was much better person in every aspect. It's really different thing, so I want very much to not relapse again. Sry for very poor english again. :D I just need to talk about it but it's very hard when I have phobia to speak english too. :D

3. Tryin' Hard

Tryin' Hard Fapstronaut

Don't stress it man. And don't worry about your english. We understand and a good priest would too. :)

First, priests don't really remember your confession or associate a sin with a person. Literally every priest I've talked to has said this. Even if they did remember - a good priest won't judge you for it. That's the point of confession, is to release your sin to God - so you and God can forget the sin and start again.

Second, priests hear so many confessions of sexual sin - it's not as big of a deal for them as you'd think. Don't get me wrong, it's a very serious mortal sin, but when so many men and women struggle with PMO, priests aren't going to single you out or anything.

Fada1 and Life_of_Socrates_777 like this.
  4. Fada1

Fada1 Fapstronaut

Today is a new beginning. Amen

5. dlansky

dlansky Fapstronaut

I don't know what country you are in or if the priests are any different there, but here in the United States, I have really only had one confession in which I thought the priest was unkind, and even he still gave me absolution. All of the other priests I have confessed to have been understanding about the temptation we are up against and just want to help us on the path of repentance and give us the sacrament of Christ's mercy.

John Uskglass and Tryin' Hard like this.
  6. John Uskglass

John Uskglass Fapstronaut

I have had the same experience with confession. All of the priests that I have talked to about PMO have been very kind. They understand that this is an epidemic.

7. ImprovingGinger

ImprovingGinger Fapstronaut

PSA: priests are certainly vulnerable to suffering the same sins we suffer from. The sins of the flesh and lust are certainly not an exception. Try to remember that when confessing!