1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do vegans want meat tasting vegan foods?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Jan 22, 2020.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I mean vegans are very against eating meat, so why on earth do they want to eat vegan foods that deliberately have artificial meat flavourings put in to the their foods so they taste like meat? You know like vegan chicken nuggets, vegan chicken strips, vegan beef burgers. These vegans clearly like the taste of meat and want meat.

You don't get someone on the carnivore diet wanting there to be animal products made with artificial plant based flavourings so they taste like vegetables or other plant based foods. No the person on the carnivore diet is just happy to eat meat and animal products. Yet the vegan wants artificial meat flavourings put in to their vegan foods so they taste like meat. I do understand the view point of a lot of vegans who simply don't want animal cruelty though, I do get their logic. But in my opinion I believe humans are supposed to eat meat and other animal products for optimal health. Like I think it's foolish if someone knew having meat and animal products in their diet was better for their overall health, yet they still chose not to because of their issue with animal cruelty. In my opinion this is foolish.

The issue I have with some vegans is they will constantly try to argue all meat and animal products are bad for human health. I think this is completely false.

But what annoys me about vegans who argue this is a lot of them actually want to eat vegan foods that deliberately have artificial meat flavourings put in to their vegan foods so they taste like meat. Clearly they want to eat meat.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I think you already know the answer to this, you are just feeling judged by the existence of vegans and the fact that they might disapprove of something you do and want to point out their 'hypocrisy' by making some crass generalisations ;) but just in case:
    1) a lot of vegans, especially those that have been vegan a long time and those that are vegan for purely health reasons, avoid processed food of all kinds (and these trendy 'vegan fast-food' products in particular). They may or may not 'crave' meat - once they have been vegan for several years, they almost certainly don't.
    2) people eat non-meat 'meat' products for all sorts of reasons. I've known people who use non-meat 'mince' to cook with because they have cholesterol problems, for example, even though they enjoy lots of eg white meat as well. Some people want to choose a vegan option occasionally for ecological reasons, whilst still enjoying meat occasionally. Some people are simply curious about the current trend amongst vegan foodies to create as realistic a fake product as possible.
    3) the fact that people want to eat meat, or even 'crave' meat, doesn't necessarily mean it is healthy. In fact, many of the examples you give - vegan chicken nuggets, vegan fast-food burgers - they are not emulating healthy meat but fast-food processed trash, meat that is already full of soya and goodness knows what. A healthy diet contains neither chicken nuggets, nor vegan chicken nuggets.

Disclaimer: not a vegan, but I cook a fair bit of vegan food. I'm having a vegan lentil dhal tonight, delicious!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Clearly you like to poke your nose into other people's business one too many times. lol, for real bruh, if you aren't a vegan why do you care? Also debating a vegan (or any other one track diet person) sucks, I would rather get ice bucket poured on me than do that.

4. What you think is irrelevant! Facts and science has proven that eating meat is a bit unhealthy especially in today's day and age with our modern lifestyles. Still, I love my chicken now and then despite knowing the risks. lol

5. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

There is some meats and animal products that are extremely healthy and some meats and animal products that are extremely unhealthy. I don't advocate eating processed meats or fast food meats. But these are the types of artificial meat flavourings some vegans seem to be after.

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I’d imagine eating vegan limits your options severely so if you can add a little variety (such as fake meats), you go for it after a while... After you’re bored of everything else.

7. No, it hasn't and no, it's not. You speak of pseudo-science. Eat your chicken with your head held high.

8. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Meat generally tastes better, that's why.

9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Some vegans like the taste of meat, milk and other products, they just don’t support animals being abused by our industries or growing animals just to slaughter them.

Everyone in my family (save for me) have been vegetarian at one point or another, all for different reasons. My one sister didn’t like supporting the industries, while my other sister absolutely hated the taste of meat, even if it was a veggie product. I agree with the latter claim; I don’t like steak or extremely meaty dishes. I prefer shredded meat and everything along that caliber. That doesn’t mean all vegetarians or all vegans hate the taste of meat.

10. They don't avoid eating meat because they don't like the taste of it.... So of course they might enjoy foods that taste like meat. Meat tastes good. But some people either have moral problems with killing animals, or they don't believe it's healthy to eat meat, so they don't.

Let me ask you, if there was a way to make kale taste like chocolate, wouldn't that be awesome? I would be eating a crap ton of kale, if it tasted like chocolate. And it would be rather silly to say "well why don't you just eat a bunch of chocolate instead?" Obviously the answer is that it's not good for you to eat that much chocolate.

11. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I think it's just because they clearly want meat, and I believe humans are supposed to eat meat.

Another thing is when you look at people on the carnivore diet, they don't want artificial vegetable flavourings put in to their meats to make them taste exactly like a vegetable, they're just happy to eat their meat. Yet vegans want meat flavouring vegetables and plant based products that literally look the exact same as certain meat products and taste the exact same as certain meat products.

I think it just goes to show that the majority of human beings prefer meat over vegetables. So maybe it is natural for human beings to eat meat.

12. Well duh. Vegetables don't taste as good as meat, to most people. People don't eat vegatables because they taste amazing. They eat them because they are good for them.

This is like saying "people don't want to make their cakes taste like broccoli." Obviously... because cake is delicious, and broccoli isn't. But if you know that cake isn't very healthy, you're not going to eat a lot of it. But if you could make broccoli magically taste like cake, but still be as healthy as broccoli, that would be awesome.

Your argument really doesn't prove that conclusion at all.

Most people prefer the taste of sugar over the taste of broccoli. That doesn't mean we are supposed to eat more sugar than broccoli, because we like the taste of it more.

Or heck, take something even worse than sugar. What about something like soda. Soda is terrible for you, but I love the taste of it. That doesn't mean that since I prefer the taste of soda over the taste of water, soda is what's natural and right for me to drink. It's not natural at all, and it's not healthy at all.

I'm not saying meat is unhealthy, because I don't believe it is, but your argument makes no sense. The fact that people like the taste of something does not mean it's good for you, or that it's even a natural thing for humans to eat.

13. I find it unusual how people advocate things that are based in reality to the point of it being (or at least it should be), obvious as "opinions". You're not wrong here. But if there's one thing about vegan philosophy I have to agree with, it's the idea that one can truly say they do not kill nor do they benefit from the suffering of another entity. Personally, I would like to be able to say this, but this reality isn't governed by emotion. I didn't ask to have to eat meat to survive, I just showed up one day and discovered I needed to. And so did you.

So for those that believe eating animals is cruelty... don't hate the player. Hate the game.

I agree with you on principle, but this would hold up more if things like sugar didn't exist. Technically, you could stretch this argument out to things like masturbation. Sure, it might feel good. But that doesn't mean it's good for you and that's part of why we're all on this site. Drugs are another example. I would argue it's more natural for human beings to eat meat based on our digestive systems and biology and the fact that the carnivore diet is a far more viable option to optimal health than a vegan diet. Once you look into our own biology, then follow the evidence on how it relates to what we consume with some background comparisons to other animals, the fact that humans are supposed to eat meat and not vegetables becomes glaringly obvious.

And then there's the basics of vegetables. They're carbs. Carbs are not good for you. So the fact that there's options to make vegetables taste like meat, but not the other way around, I'd say that's a very weak form of evidence to what humans should be consuming. At least you're not fooled by veganism, though. Green ain't always good. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020