1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mood Swings and emotional sensitivity (Please help!)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by oromis, Jan 25, 2020.

1. oromis

oromis Fapstronaut

I'm posting this because I really need some advice.

I have been on several no PMO streaks in the past and I've just realized that the accompanying heightened emotional sensitivity is one of the major reasons I've broken streaks, to keep myself sane mentally since I just feel overwhelmed when something negative or sad happens to the point where I can't function normally.The orgasm calms me down and kinda makes me insensitive and helps with decision making as well (since I feel more collected).

But as I've come to realize, fapping away my life isn't a solution for handling emotions and staying calm. Not to mention, going on fap streaks has made my life seem dull and grey because nothing gives me that comparable level of dopamine .

I've been trying to figure out how to stabilize my sudden rush of emotions and stay emotionally sensitive whilst still being able to maintain the streak as well as retain the calm and collected mind that I desire.

Would really appreciate any help or suggestions on the same

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

To put this into perspective, I like to speak of the body and the mind. Both work together as one and are in essence holistically connected.

Now, if you go out to the gym and hit some weights; you are training your physical muscles. There are also forms of learning how to deal with emotions. Meditation can help you with many things. For examples, studies show it can help beat addictions. If you want scientific proof you can google it :)

Ooh and also, it will make you feel a lot more calm and controlled. Try it for a week or two and then see how you respond to it, its always worth a try right?

....... likes this.
  3. oromis

oromis Fapstronaut

Good idea. It's definitely worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes.