1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

parent problems

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 19m, Jan 27, 2020.

1. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

My beliefs worry my mother because I don’t believe in the same thing she does and she thinks they’re crazy. Is this normal in every parent?

2. Nikolas1

Nikolas1 New Fapstronaut

I think that we'll be always kids for our parents, and it's strange for them that we can think in another way and have another beliefs. so yes, all the parents are the same

3. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

yea it’s really annoying to because they think i live in another reality because my beliefs haven’t been “proven “ as factual . but has any religion been proven as factual tho realistically ?

4. If you don't think any religion has been proven, why are you religious? Why do you believe things without knowing whether they are actually true or not?

About your parents - follow the truth and if they try to hold you back from the truth because it is problematic for them, then they are wrong. When I stopped believing in God I'm pretty sure my dad told once that I'm not his son anymore and that I'm going to hell. But I know that his words were out of desperation for having failed to indoctrinate me.

5. This is a story as old as time! (The funny thing is that it comes around eventually if you have children of your own. They'll probably have "crazy" beliefs too!)

6. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Doesnt seem to me that this have to be a problem. Just agree to disagree hah? Its pretty normal to have different views, thats what makes someone uniqe ;)

FellatiousD likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You do have some crazy beliefs.

8. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

@19m is it your beliefs or is it where your beliefs are taking you that frightens them? How do you express your beliefs in your life? Are your beliefs affecting where you focus your time an money? What do your old friends think about your beliefs? How do you approach your parent's beliefs? What do you want your relationship with your parents to look like (now, and in say twenty years time)?