1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard time getting over her

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Coco99, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

I had a relationship with a girl. Long story short, I met her online and we talked on the phone for 2 months August/September 2019. When I say talk on the phone its like morning and night for like 2/3 hours a day. We were suppose to spend a weekend together when she came down in September but this never came about since we broke it off. We got into multiple fights on the phone and we both broke it off and then she has blocked me. I am still having a hard time getting over her and I don't know why. I keep thinking back to me spending the weekend with her and how things could of gone well. I reached out to her again via my friends cell phone in November only to get a text back saying I have definitely moved on and so should you. Now we are heading into February and I still miss her . I don't think she is in another relationship, if she was it wouldn't bug me as much. She blocked me on social media and my number. It still feels like yesterday. Anyone went through a emotional roller coaster like this?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

Sometimes I keep thinking if I should try to reach out to her again. Its been 2 months and I haven't contacted her. I keep thinking back to the hours long conversation we had and why all of a sec she is just ignoring me like this. It hurts bad. I have tried to turn my focus to the gym and watching motivational videos but I have these days where I just feel so down. I have also tried speaking to other girls but I keep comparing them to this girl and they don't interest me as much.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Yes, it happend to me. We were together for almost 4 years, then I ruined everything and she left. That was 2 years ago and I still feel bad.

4. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

It’s a waste of time for you. You haven’t even met her and imagined a lot. My advice try to completely abstain from any relationship for 1 month at least, stop thinking about her and delete all her contacts/messages, stop visiting her social media pages. ‘Restart’ your life and then, when you are ready, try to create a healthy relationship.

5. Daxos

Daxos Fapstronaut

I feel you. I had almost the same case as you describe. I am now 7 years older and if there is one crucial, absolutely crucial thing that I have learned, then it is this: no single girl is special. They are all the same. They all feel, they all need, they all cry, they all need. No single girl is the one, there are many others. Let go of her. She is lost and you shouldn't care. What is over, is done. Go find a new one. Do not waste time and energy on her. You will soon forget her. After a while you will laugh and think "why did I care so much about a single woman who wasn't even mine yet". Free yourself, you really don't need her, or any girl. They are only a compliment to your life

6. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Why spend 2/3 hours on a day on a girl you never met!
    Dude that's where you went absolutely wrong.

7. Admonius

Admonius Fapstronaut

You should take off the rose tinted glasses and be realistic about the situation. The reality is that you are pining for a version of her that exists only in your head despite evidence saying it’s not real. Having pined over women who left me because of my low self esteem and my own issues from my upbringing, I do get what you are going through. In light of that I’m going to say the following and I wish someone had said this to me back then:
    Get back out there and meet someone. You tell yourself to get up off the ground, start moving forward and leave that shit in the past. Don’t bother saying “yeah, but.” Learn to see the world as it really is

8. dethly

dethly Fapstronaut

the reality of the situation is that you've created a completely different person in your head than the one that exists. You say that the situation bothers you because you were looking forward to meeting her one weekend and were excited for what could have been. I say that nothing extraordinary would have happened because judging based off of what you have said, she is not a very kind hearted or genuine person, you only had access to a facade that she was presenting you. Even if the weekend was nice, the future would have been a gloomy disaster as you enter a long-distance relationship with a girl who doesn't care to keep you in her life after things turn south. Seriously, if she was worth her salt she would still keep in contact with you and try and look past your arguments and maintain a friendship, or end on good terms rather than block you from contacting her in every imaginable way. Don't let her steal your dignity, you got this soldier. Be the man you are and use this experience to drive you to succeed in whatever you want to succeed in.

9. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

yeah. That's what I'm trying to do now. Not hoping she will reach out. I have deleted all social media for a while. Thanks

SirWanksalot and QuietPanda like this.
  10. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

Yeah it was my mistake. I didn't handle handle it properly. I guess the distance of driving 5 hours to meet her was one of the reasons. We had a date set out to meet but it was way too far ahead.

11. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

You are absolutely right. Its all in my head. I suppose this has been a bit harder because I am now a little older. When you are younger in your early 20s and if you go through something like this you can shrug it off easily and you would have a lot more friends around.

12. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

You are right. I have to get that perfect picture out of my head. Some days I know this was the best thing that could of happen and some days my mind becomes a monkey and I wake up thinking about the good laughter's. I am happy that I found this community as the older you get you really have no one to turn to for advise as your friends are occupied with their families

LonelyStranger2020 and dethly like this.
  13. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

The reason why she broke it off before you got together is because you gave too much away at the beginning. When you get into a relationship you gotta give a little at a time so she can want more. If she knows everything about you then you're no longer a mystery. It's the mystery that builds attraction, the tension. Like a suspenseful movie, you cant give away the plot.
    Mystery, tension, anxiety, fear, jealousy, anguish, they're the things that build attraction.

My advice, dont get into a phone relationship or internet. When you find a girlfriend and she calls you up and wants to talk, always keep the conversation brief. When you go on a date with a girl dont talk about yourself and if you do talk generally and keep it short. Always keep her guessing, dats the key.

14. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

You are absolutely right. This has always been my mindset but I let down my guard with this girl.I just wanted to be be open and transparent with her and wanted her to trust me before meeting up so that we felt really comfortable with each other. It was my mistake. I suppose I just felt happy and wanted talking to her on the phone for so long

15. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Showing some vulnerability is OK in moderation.
    Being trustworthy can be shown by NOT opening up. For example; a guy who doesn't smile a lot is considered more trustworthy to women than the guy who smiles all the time. A guy who is overly emotional, sensitive and kind is considered untrustworthy by women compared to a guy who only shows kindness in moderation (when it's earned). This is scientific fact. Nice guys are considered untrustworthy. When you're too kind to women they think you're trying to get something out of them...sex. You gotta put yourself in the position to make the girl do all the trying. Lure them in your direction and that'll make them feel comfortable.

Coco99 and Admonius like this.
  16. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

This can be true but personality plays a huge factor in this as well. Reality is some guys are more emotional and empathetic than others. You are right in terms of, initially attracting a women this may work. For a sustainability of a relationship this method may not work.

SirWanksalot likes this.
  17. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Actually it works for sustainability too. Women are wired differently. Once you're in a relationship and you're supportive and emotional you display feminine characteristics. Women feel safe when the man shows strength. Emotions, empathy = weakness. Yes women will say that's what they want in but it's not what they need. They wanna feel protected and secure.

Sargiel likes this.
  18. It wouldn’t bug you If she’s having fun with another guy? Don’t do that to yourself. Forget her Follow No contact and continue on your purpose. Find your purpose Stick to it! Once you find your purpose Or create a routine for yourself where you are improving (will take a lot of time) once you feel comfortable and are able to wake up calmly then you’ll know Once you feel better internally Do work externally or at the same time. Once you feel better inside and your outside is showing You are ready! Develop abundance mindset Begin to build up a roster of women (aka go out more Enjoy the world) But never let go of your purpose or give up your time so conveniently. Maybe out of the roster of women you build you’ll be able to connect with one on a deeper level

Metis07 and Coco99 like this.
  19. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

Thanks. I do feel a lot better now from the time I wrote this. It gets better everyday, I don't think of her as much. Just here and there but this whole nofap thing has helped me a lot.