1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going bald.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

Just because it might not work in your case still does not mean there is no connection.

What is your streak and for have you not been sexually aroused at all?

2. There is male pattern baldness, which is genetic. If you have that, you're going to go bald. A product such as finasteride can halt balding in many — but not all — of those men, assuming that the product is safe for you.

Then there is non-genetic balding. If your balding is as a result of PMO, then of course ceasing PMO will halt balding. But that doesn't mean that all balding men suffer from this; there are still many men with male-pattern baldness. And, many PMOers who don't suffer from balding. And, of course, many non-PMOers who are going bald. Each man is different.

There are also illnesses that cause balding, such as alopecia areata. I know one man who had a full head of hair, and almost literally overnight he went completely bald — not just his scalp, but his entire body. Even his eyebrows. It was some rare disease, and I've forgotten its name.

Certain medications can cause balding. The well-known are, of course, anti-cancer drugs, but there are others, some quite common such as those for certain heart problems.

So, to say that every PMOing balding man who goes NoFap will cease going bald is an invalid blanket statement. Balding isn't that simple.

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Like 400 and something days. I am in flatline because I've been "depressed" for two years.

Indeed it is an invalid blanket statement, something most of the semen retention section fail to understand.

Mine is genetic, my dad and both of my grandparents. There is no escape, but the paper bag.

4. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Finastride and topik are the only real cures. Minox stops working after like 3 months and hair transplant is way too expensive.

5. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

dude just shave/buzz your head, no big deal, nobody cares, it's quite common nowadays

6. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

Don't use drugs like finasteride. They are suspected to have serious, irreversible side effects (look it up on wikipedia) and multiple lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies are going on right now.

If you are serious about it, you only have 2 options:

1. Save your money from finasteride and minoxodil and instead save 10.000 $ for a hair transplantion from an experienced surgeon (wait until you are 35).

2. Shave your head completely and muscle up in the gym. Many women will like it. Yes, many won't, but they are just superficial.

7. That's the big one. Nobody cares! The only time when I had a comment about my bald head was when a friend, whom I hadn't seen for decades, remarked, "Great hairstyle!" He also shaves his head :)

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

1. I'll never have that money.
    2. Due to lack of food, I cannot get results by working out.

I don't take this kind of jokes lightly. I would have probably punched him in the face and say "Great nosejob".

9. Woah, lighten up, dude! He is a friend, and he has the same hairstyle as I have. Anyway, why would I have been offended? It's not like he was insulting me, and even if he were, that would be his problem, not mine.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Considering how my friends see me as a buffoon, it would be interesting to see them react to me getting violent.

11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

How bad lack of food do you have? Building muscle can be possible even in subpar circumstances. But sure if you're like struggling to stay alive due to not having enough food or something along those lines, it might not be the best idea.

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I'm not struggling to stay alive, but what I eat most is mostly carbohydra

Pasta and rice.

So I consume very little proteins.

13. At this rate we’ll have our own forum on nofap about hair loss
    Perhaps a hair club
    Or rebrand as NoHair

Stag99 likes this.
  14. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

NoHair sounds catchy, I fail to see the purpose of an entire forum talking about being bald though.

15. Supination

Supination Fapstronaut

Do yourself a favor and check out Baldcafe's youtube channel.
    The guy is actually making people with hair to want to shave haha..
    Definitely helped me.

Mordobarn likes this.
  16. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I will, thanks for the recomendation.

I'm actually suprised.

17. Did anyone try growing it back?

18. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

Do you think it's true that women mostly only like bald men when they are muscular?

19. Supination

Supination Fapstronaut

Nope, They're attracted to a man who doesn't give a fk about his bald head. Confidence is key. Being muscular is just a bonus.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Mordobarn likes this.