1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

IRAN CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR AIR CRASH

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 11, 2020.

1. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

This thread went off the rails quickly

2. Anakin1

Anakin1 New Fapstronaut

Hello .
    I live in iran and I'm here to say that they killed more than 1500 people in Demonstration alomost 2 week before the crash.
    and many people are in prison. One of the most terrifying prison.
    If you live in iran you will forgot all you believe.
    And when they shot the plane, the hide that for 3 days and feel no regret and call that humanity mistake.

3. Anakin1

Anakin1 New Fapstronaut

And sorry if you find any mistake in my text because my English in not very good.

4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Do you approve of Trump killing soleimani or do you think that was a big mistake?

Anakin1 likes this.
  5. Anakin1

Anakin1 New Fapstronaut

In my opinion he did the right thing soleimani has killed many American and if he didn't killed him he may kill many American.
    In iran some people say soleimani was a hero and legend but they hate the government in my opinion these people are fool because soleimani was a big supporter of government and he was a killer and he was a terrorist. Soleimani never care about his people .

brilliantidiot likes this.
  6. Although I personally have no problems with that man being killed, let me remind you of the existence of the UN, international laws and treaties like the Geneva Conventions.

From the prospective of International Law the killing of Soleimani was of course illegal, as all the other drone strikes that the United States executed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc.

I know this "targeted killing" is common practice (not only by the US) and part of the "War on Terror". But that doesn't mean it is legitimate.
    The United States are a superpower with many allies, so they can just ignore International Law and do whatever they want. As long as their people go along with it.

International Law is not just conventions and theory. There are also International Courts, like the International Criminal Court for example.
    This Court already convicted I would say a handful of war criminals. Its power and options seems to be quite limited though. That's were Qasem Soleimani would have belonged: before this Court standing trial on crime against humanity. Together with Ayatollah Chomeini and some others.

7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

The UN is a nice place for Greta Thornurg to read a speech her dad wrote. They have many long winded discussions there and take lots of nice votes on strongly worded resolutions.

Qasem Soleimani would not show up to a trial at the Hauge. I think it’s awesome they avoided hitting a symbolic target. They killed the people who deserved it, not a “military installation” that would have been full of normal dudes trying to make a living.

8. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Yeah, I agree with this. Some people act like it was a mistake to kill the top man but in reality the mistake would have been killing all the normal guys on a military base.

Anakin1 likes this.
  9. So we can't trial them so we must kill them. Impressing logic! Well I guess what both parties do here (Iran and USA) are acts of war. So they seem to be in a war, but not full-blown war.

So it might be considered an act of war. But let me remind you that these killings happen not only outside of every juristication but also on foreign grounds. So what the US is doing here basically is killing enemies on their neighbours turf. And usually they don't ask for permission. That's why Iraq is pissed off now.

You have a point there. You can say they knew what they were doing and it was very precise, without any "colleteral damage". But that doesn't make it more legal.

I'm not asking "why was Soleimani killed". I'm asking: what are US killer drones doing on the territories of other souvereign countries?

Following the logic of that airstrike, an American drone could kill a dissident anywhere in the World. The you might say "Hey wait! A Snowden is not a Soleimani!" but your President would say "He was a top enemy of the United States. His whistle-blow activites has cost many lives. It was legitimate to kill him".

Anakin1 likes this.
  10. Paul69

Paul69 Fapstronaut

For me the problem is that the US set a precedent. So what happens when Iran for instance uses a drone to shoot some military guy in Saudi Arabia? Is that now also allowed? And if they shoot an american general?

11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

They have already killed hundreds of our troops. If they want to escalate it further you have to roll tanks after this pay back, you have to roll tanks.

There are lots of great people in Iran. With a little help that government will topple. They know this. That’s why they don’t want to escalate.

If the faction groups want to keep doing terrorist things it keeps escalating. If they keep pushing it we can burn eventually those neighborhoods burn and the fields get salted. I think terror groups know this and try to do just enough to get terms in negotiations.

It’s time to change the rules of the game. Terrorism earns the terrorist leader a grave, not favorable negotiating terms. Never reward bad behavior unless you want to see it repeated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Speaking of logic I see a nice straw man hiding in there.

I fully support killing any leader who orders a terror attack on any American citizen. Anywhere in the world is fine with me.

I’d rather see US resources stopping the next genocide in Africa than spending money on the UN.

Isolationism with a few strong alliances seems like a better approach to me. Most of the traditional allies try to wage economic war and undermine US policy anyway. Why pretend?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  13. Paul69

Paul69 Fapstronaut

Sorry, I may have missed that one in the news. When was that exactly?

14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Lot’s of the IEDs that killed US soldiers in Iraq came from Iran. It’s not a secret.

This is from Military Times, just from a 2 second Google search.
    ——
    The Pentagon is upping the official estimate on the number of U.S. troops in Iraq who were killed by Iranian-backed militias, now putting that number at at least 603.

Officials previously said that Iran was linked to the deaths of roughly 500 troops.

That means roughly one in every six American combat fatalities in Iraq were attributable to Iran.

The deaths are attributed to proxies sponsored by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps — Iran’s elite military force that protects the regime from internal and external threats.

“During Operation Iraqi Freedom, DoD assessed that at least 603 U.S. personnel deaths in Iraq were the result of Iran-backed militants,” Navy Cmdr. Sean Robertson, a Pentagon spokesman, said in an email.

“These casualties were the result of explosively formed penetrators (EFP), other improvised explosive devices (IED), improvised rocket-assisted munitions (IRAM), rockets, mortars, rocket-propelled grenades (RPG), small-arms, sniper, and other attacks in Iraq," Robertson said.

The Pentagon did not provide Military Times with the new report to independently assess.