1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Enlisted In the Marines

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by The Consigliere, Sep 15, 2019.

1. What evidence do you have to support this?

I do at least 100 pushups a day. Pull ups frequently.

This guy is going to be tossed into the grinder when he gets to Marine RTC. He should start getting ready for it now, mentally and physically.

I say do even more than what was suggested.

2. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

If you work out the same muscles every single day, you are not giving your muscles time to recover, thus causing you to have minimal if any muscle gain, and to overtax your nervous system. This is common knowledge in the fitness community.

Poseidongodofthesea likes this.
  3. The US Navy didn’t seem to give a hoot about that when I was in boot.

But yes, I’ve heard that before also.

4. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

The Navy did it wrong, then. This is a serious danger.

5. So true ha ha excellent but you can change the norm study and work out just like the girls . The girls will appreciate you much more than most jocks actually it sucks being a jock in college yes you get laid but your always tired as fuck from practice and if your good they let you slide as far as your grades but when they are done using you and you didn't study good luck in the real world . Then you become Al Bundy Hooters Peg Hooters .

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  6. Your correct sorry I was just writing with passion . The Marines have pre boot camp workouts so if he attends the training and does a little extra on his own he should be fine.

Enwar likes this.
  7. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

Cool.

8. I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons as you OP. Parris Island, 3rd Batt, India Company, Platoon 3026. Good luck.

RicardoL likes this.
  9. Good for you, and good luck! Heavily considering enlisting myself (in the British Army) once I finish my studies.

RicardoL likes this.
  10. On a side note I once watched a TV program about a former British soldier that joined the foreign legion and he couldn't stop laughing when barked orders we're given from his commanding officer . He explained that it was something to do with his superiors French accent and the cultural differences . It had to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV in a live situation . The British soldier was belly laughing and went on to say it was just obserd . Ha ha the French lol

RicardoL likes this.
  11. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

anybody ever watched the British show "ALLO ALLO" ? you will be laughing too lol

Poseidongodofthesea likes this.
  12. Funny just watched some on allo Allo on YouTube very funny thanks !

13. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

If anybody hasn't got a clue to what we a talking about lmao

14. Well done, and I wish the best of luck for your journey of becoming a warrior!

We believe in you.

15. Prussard

Prussard Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Congratulations, good luck and joy on your path to becoming your best self.
    I also plan to join my countries military (Germany).

RicardoL likes this.
  16. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

This can let you become a man. When I was at this age (maybe 10 to 11 years ago), we had compulsory military service, which I denied. The community service which i had to do instead, had nearly zero influences on my personality.

Anyway, good luck to OP and his decision.

17. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

bro!
    Bro....good job! Imagine how awesome would it be if you are on 150+ streak when you enlist.....

18. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

Update: I graduated boot camp February 7th!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Espi1971, dethly and im’possible like this.
  19. The motherfucker actually did it. Congratulations dude, I hope to join you in a year's time.

The Consigliere likes this.
  20. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Congrats man!

The Consigliere likes this.