1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What time period would you most like to live in?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Becoming Jasmine, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Pre ancient greece (Mycenaean) , Roman Empire (Cesare Augusto) and Christ time.

2. I'd like to live in a time similar to the early 1800's but we have the medical technology, medicines, basic knowledge of today.

Becoming Jasmine likes this.
  3. Becoming Jasmine

Becoming Jasmine Fapstronaut

Interesting. I can see how that might be appealing. Just curious, but would you also want there to be the same intolerance for homosexuality and transgenderism? I’ve noticed a lot of people like the idea of not having any of that around.

TurboBull92 likes this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Palestine AD 27–36 so I could actually know who Jesus of Nazareth was.

5. Auzure

Auzure New Fapstronaut

I’d just go back 40 or 50 years to the days or L.A. I know it’s very odd but I’ve always had this movie play in my mind. I’m a crip cruzing down to the beach to go surf. I watch the sunset and let everyone on my block know we get it done g style around these parts. Pretty odd but it seems like it’d be a very very interesting life to live.

Espi1971 and Becoming Jasmine like this.
  6. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

I wish I was in my 30's in the 70s

Espi1971 likes this.
  7. If I had to go back I would choose the 80s, 50s, or feudal Japan.

8. Ruttigan

Ruttigan Fapstronaut

60s. Rockn'Roll and LSD.

Espi1971 likes this.
  9. Any time period that still has plumbing. Things were quite gross before that was invented.

drac16, Espi1971 and Becoming Jasmine like this.
  10. Becoming Jasmine

Becoming Jasmine Fapstronaut

I was gonna say you should also include that the plumbing shouldn’t be lead based like they made it in Ancient Rome, but then I realized we still use that awful garbage in some of our systems today lol

11. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Late 1960s in LA or San Fran, a la Back to the Future.

12. Honestly, I'm happy with this time. Despite how messed up the world feels sometimes, I enjoy all the conveniences of technology and comfort.

However, I do very often wish it was socially acceptable to dress like I'm living in a Jane Austen novel.

13. Living in 2020 doesn't require you to do any of those things.

14. Fifth Horseman

Fifth Horseman Fapstronaut

Lived through the 50s and everything since. I would say the 40s but without the war. A time of style, imagination, cultural ferment and confidence. Other than that I would roll the dice on the future. Wouldn’t want to pick any time in the more distant past when one of my children or my wife would not have made it to middle age.

15. The (mid-)90s. This might be nostalgia, but people seemed to respect another opinions more. With the rise of the internet, having different opinision can be even interpreted as war acts sometimes ;I)

Also, there were less dependency on technology.

16. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

1200's as an Byzantine emperor!

17. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

1950s. Technology was plenty advanced, people were much more respectable. It was the perfect balance of modern and simple.

18. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I think it would be fun to live in the 1800s, so that I could meet Charles Spurgeon.

Happycamper12076 likes this.
  19. BlindSisyphus

BlindSisyphus Fapstronaut

Ancient Germania. I'd like to fight alongside Arminus/Herman or Widukind.

Yeah, yeah, larpy as fuck. Still would be cool.

20. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

I’d love to check out the future, see if we made it to other planets I bored here. But if that all sucks probably just drop back into the 90s. For whatever reason the plaid shirts and smell of stale cigarettes moxed with take out pizza of conferring to me