1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

US Solders refuse to rescue US citizen from Saudi Arabia if he didn't a kiss a photo of Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by onceaking, Feb 8, 2020.

1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You can hear the story here.

In all honesty, the story is hilarious and bizarre and I don't know if it really happened. If it is true it shows how much of a strange and frightening world we live in.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Sounds like a stereotypical cartoon redneck or something like that, but considering how people in my country used to make molotov bombs with feces inside of them when everyone thought it was The Purge, I am not suprised.

spectraltiger likes this.
  3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Discussed it on Reddit and it seems like it's a work of fiction/satire. Thing is in some of the podcast episodes they seem like factual documentaries... Really it's one of the weirdest, intriguing and annoying podcasts out there.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

But MDL Beast and Dakar Rally are real events in Saudi Arabia.

5. there is a difference between witty satire (like the Onion used to be) and creating strawmen to confirm your prejudices and neurosis . Seems that's what a lot of netflix/hbo etc 'nezis among us' series are about - .. and the willingness of people to believe the most ridiculous hoaxes like Jussie Smollet.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

We're not talking about Netflix or HBO here.

7. yes i know, i am talking about healthy satire vs creating strawmen. this sounds like an example of creating strawmen.

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I knew this was false from the start. If it was true, the media would blast it nonstop as part of some report on Trump being culty, because Trump = bad.