1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Situation Brings New Feelings

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by ImPissedOff, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Hello everyone. In short, I moved to a brand new place not long ago. Things are going fine career-wise. I've met some cool people in the office and am starting to become friends with a few. But it sucks because many of them live far away so its hard to hang out/plan stuff.

I'm starting to become a bit lonely. I'm a heavy introvert, so it doesn't bother me THAT much. I know things take time to develop socially but still. As you might suspect, my dating life is bad. I don't know where/how to meet girls in my city (barely any young people my age live here).

How do I stop basing my self-worth over my social/dating status? I know it's wrong, but I feel like a loser because I'm never doing anything socially or going on dates. I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have on how to improve in that area as well. Thanks!

2. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

It's actually wise of you to acknowledge you feel lonely. The remedy to this nagging feeling of loneliness is to meet people. Understand you have needs. If you can't, then fill your time with hobbies, set up a goal and learn to do damage control.

3. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Yes the remedy is to meet people, but I'm struggling on exactly how to do that right now. I try to fill my time with hobbies, but I can't help but feel like I'm super lame for how things are going.

4. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Technically I do. I’m just outside of a large city. Its just my area that doesnt have any young people

420 mile high likes this.
  5. Thaala

Thaala Fapstronaut

Your text represents your life.
    Say you are shy, then you will be shy.
    It all starts inside you.
    Change your affections, tell yourself things you want to be.
    You've heard that saying: Pretend until it becomes true.

420 mile high likes this.
  6. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Good advice. But I was talking about my problem with meeting girls. Unfortunately I can’t think girls into existence