1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

27th day - my effects of higher testosterone

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by gemit23, Jan 27, 2020.

1. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

I am sure that my testosterone is higher than before nofapchallenge hardmode. I was thinking that testo is higher only around day 7 of streak, but right now I think testo is higher all the time during streak.
    My personal evidence (sorry for my english xD) why:
    Positive
    - facial hair growing faster
    - more hair all over the body (hands and legs)
    - more strong on the gym
    - better efficiency
    - eyebrows are denser
    - 100 percent deeper voice
    - harder muscles (biceps)

Negative
    My skin face (complexion) is tottal shit, like always when I am on long abstinence streak. Always! I am so sad beacuse of that.
    My skin face is irritated, Red, looking shit and a little acne.
    ,,Testosterone belongs to a class of male sex hormones called androgens, which can trigger acne by over-stimulating oil glands."

Did someone had similiar problems with skin during Semen retention?
    How long i will be have fkn problems with skin? Did my hormones will be regulated in the future? I still want to continuing challenge, but i am sad beacuse before i start semen retention i don't have huge problems with skin like now.
    I am 23 y.o. and i should don't have problems with skin in this age.

Thank you everyone for answers and greetings from European village.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Dim Meadow likes this.
  2. Tottoro

Tottoro Fapstronaut

I experience increased acne when on nofap. They are not big but small acne. I guess my harmones are still rebalancing. Let's wait for some more weeks.

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I remember during my former PMO-days when I had significantly lower T-levels than today. Life then was hell compared to today, much because of that fact. No wonder I continuously suffered from following:

-Anxiety (social and general)
    -Narrower face (it has widened since my last streak started)
    -Erratic and uncontrolled facial expressions and body movements.
    -Poor and uneven growth of facial hair.
    -More watery (and less leaner) muscles
    -Having a hard time with anger- and emotional management.
    -Having a more scratchy voice and uneven pitch.
    -Hollow and gloomy looking eyes.
    -Poorer hair quality and even some premature stages of thinning at one spot or two.
    -Less color and glow to my facial skin.
    -Crippling feelings of hopelessness and despair.
    -Fatigue and feelings of dullness and lack of motivation (indifference).

And the list goes on and on and on. NoFap was in my case that initial miracle cure that set my on the right path towards so many things in life (two years ago) and I keep continuing bumping into a new habit or practice every other week and so that continues to improve my life. The latest one being the 5 am club for the last two weeks although I slipped a little the last two nights because of a throat infection (cold virus) that made me more fatigued and sluggish than usual.

Martin2412 likes this.
  4. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

@Angus McGyver
    ,,Narrower face (it has widened since my last streak started)"

This means that your face is right now bigger
    beacuse you are doing nofap?
    How old you are?
    On which day of the streak did you notice a wider face?

If this is true, that means that semen retention causes Human Growth Hormone increases...

5. Angus McGyver

"Wider face" was of course what I meant (a typo by me). It is not like it has gone from narrow to huge but it has definitely widened a little compared to what it look liked during my PMO-days, plus the facial expressions look more masculine, relaxed and the facial skin is glowing more (I never look pale nowadays).
    I am almost 32 years old now and I have no clue at on which day of the streak I noticed a wider face since my current streak is up over 700 days at this point.
    I would guess it took at least a few months before I noticed a significant difference so it is probably something that develops gradually and not overnight.

6. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

That was caused by natural HGH ?
    What do you think.
    I want to have bigger jaw too.

7. Angus McGyver

It might have been caused by HGH which can increase from an overall reduction in cortisol levels. Smaller levels of cortisol seem necessary for a normal/healthy secretion of GH but if the cortisol is elevated during a longer period (during continuous anxiety, concerns and worries for example), it will inhibit this secretion.
    As I said, I haven't gotten a much wider squared jaw (like Stanley in American dad) but at least it is wider than it ever was during my PMO-days, for sure.