1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Current Condition of My Mind

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Lately, for over a month, my head has not been feeling right. I feel so empty headed at times and it is hard to think. I cannot concentrate. I act compulsively at times. I feel like I don't own my own mind anymore and that somehow, I've forgotten how to use it. My intellect is dulled and my mind feels like it might as well be a satellite in deep space, drifting along meaninglessly. Does anyone have these feelings?

2. dlansky

dlansky Fapstronaut

This sounds like it could be a form of depression. I have had similar experiences throughout my life but for the longest time didn't know that I have a chronic tendency toward depression. Do you have access to medical care? If so, I would see your doctor about this and go from there.

3. Yes. I've set up an appointment with a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, it is not until the 8th of April but I'm aware that it's not gonna get any better, see as how there's always a waiting list when it comes to psychiatrists. But I believe I can hold out until then.

4. kb117

kb117 Fapstronaut

If you don't mind me asking, do you talk to Jesus? I mean pray to Him using your own words? I know that has often helped me rediscover myself.

DeProfundis and MaGRaM like this.
  5. I pray every night before I go to bed. But I might also add that a lot of times, perhaps, I don't pray like I ought to.

6. kb117

kb117 Fapstronaut

I've discovered that there is particular type of oral prayer, not necessarily spoken, but articulated, that helps me orient myself appropriately. It's, I guess, a deep sort of prayer where I (on my knees) ask Jesus to help me. Then I describe how exactly it is I need help (in what areas and why). And as I ask, peace is granted unto me and things become exceptionally more clear. I become very aware that Christ is with me, helping me & guiding me always. It takes a bit of time to get into this mode (around 10 minutes). But once I'm there I can spend a lot of time with Jesus in His peace.

7. 1Peter5:8

1Peter5:8 Fapstronaut

The Hallow App can also help bring peace and a 'structure' to your prayer life that might be a good first step.

DeProfundis likes this.
  8. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Start doing 15 minutes of mental prayer a day. It's hard at first but you will start to love it and you wouldn't miss it for anything else. When you have Christ on your mind, there is little space for other negative thoughts.