1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This is Disgusting (TRIGGER WARNING)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RobinCoenBrosFan, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Honestly, reading this again, I don't even know why I bothered in the first place. If your "biggest concern" is for the rapist, not the victim, there's something seriously wrong with you. And yeah, that's emotional. It's called empathy. I won't apologize for it.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  2. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Oh absolutely no need to argue about that indeed I am just giving you my opinion and you are giving me your opinion that is fine.

The only reason why I started talking about that was because you started it lol.

Yes though there needs to be tougher consequences absolutely.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

If anything your the one short of logic here man.

If there is no consequences for breaking the law that what is the point of following them?

You are staying that your concerned for the pedophiles safety but don't give a dang about children's? safety explain this to me since your claiming to be the logical one.

He raped someone as young as one years old if you do not see what's wrong with that and why we need to keep people like this off the streets and away from kids then I dont really have to much faith in your opinion.

If we want future pedophiles not to do this kind of stuff the state needs to make example of these poeple which they are not which is why you're seeing so many predators now a days.

4. No worries, I hope I didn't come across as rude. I just didn't know how to respond without going on for several paragraphs and totally changing the subject. Lol

5. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Yeah probably not worth the hassle. One of the reasons I don't come on this site as much as I used to is because of people like him.

I am afraid one day that soon pedophilia will just be considered a sexuality in the eyes of the law and with consequences and sentences for this sick stuff getting less and less prison sentences I think we may not be to far from it unfortunately.

6. I actually didn't say that I'm not concerned about children's safety. I also didn't say there's nothing wrong with raping one year olds. If you want to keep arguing against imaginary points then be my guest.

7. Well said. He'll probably say I'm dumb for not saying something like this, instead of talking about emotions. But I didn't think any of this needed to be said, considering it's incredibly obvious common sense.

8. Pedophilia is a sexuality, if you define sexuality as sexual preference. There's nothing you can really do about your sexual preferences.

9. He made a few great points though. Like about why we, logically, need to punish people for committing crimes, to set a precedent and show the world that we won't allow that. So... there's your logical answer.

10. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

Y’all are still arguing about this? Christ on a cracker. I think I regret posting about it at this point, I just posted it out of pure rage.

11. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

You say that you are concerned about children's safety but then you say we should release them out into the public. I hardly come on this site anymore so I am not wasting anymore time on this.

some people would argue that the whole point of prison is to rehabilitate someone so they can rejoin the public but that is really only a small part of it the whole point of putting someone in prison is so they know what they did was wrong by punishing them or just keeping them away from the general public because these people are a threat.

What they did with this person is gave them an out for the crime he committed. I shouldn't have to explain to you but the person is not rehabilitated because they got a sex change and they have not been punished appropriately for the crime he has committed.

Know I get there is people that do have an attraction to kids I and I think they deserve to get help but before they commit the crime. If they commit the crime then they have shown that they don't want help and now with one person being able to get out of prison for this I wouldn't be surprised if more people in prison for pedophiles started doing the exact same thing.

If you don't give these people a reason to seek help they aren't going to and what this just shows me is the government for one reason or another does not really care about the safety of the children in this country.

12. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Hey mate if you didn't want a discussion about this maybe posting it on a forum is not the best idea. Anyways cheers take care.

13. I would argue that the point of prison is to make the victims happy by fulfilling their desire for revenge and causing the convict to suffer. This way we avoid lynch mobs and vigilantes. It is not a productive system because rehabilitation is not considered at all, and rape is passively enabled in prisons to keep the dangerous people happy, which means less work for the guards. For some people, prison is torture, and for others, it is a brothel and a free gym.

Justice does not exist. It is a made up term that sounds better than "revenge," but basically means the same thing. You cannot put a price tag on someone's life, or their innocence.

Kligor likes this.
  14. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I haven't been following this discussion to closely and don't want to get in a long/tedious argument right now, but I would say that the point of prison is to make sure that the individual doesn't repeat a crime. Sure there are cases where it was mainly for revenge, but my understanding is that a serial killer or rapist, for instance, is not locked down for what he did, as much as for what he would be likely to do. The judgement system is obviously flawed since we are using past actions to predict the future, but I think public safety, not revenge, is the primary concern. The prisoners serve as a warning to others as well, "look what happens when you break the law", which while harsh, is certainly effective. Imagine the crime rate if there was no punishment.

15. Yes. That is supposed to be the point of prison, for sure.

Unfortunately I do somewhat agree with FellatiousD's implication that that isn't working. The prison system is severely flawed, and the fact that there is such a high number of people going back to prison multiple times shows that it isn't successful at rehabilitation or stopping people from repeating crimes.

I absolutely don't agree that sending people to prison is about "revenge" though, or that "justice doesn't exist."

Prison IS meant to be about rehabilitation. It's just really not doing its job well at all, and unfortunately not many people care enough to fix the broken system.

Personally, I have been saying for years that I want prisons to be more focused on actually helping the people change and grow and learn, so that when they are released, that time around will be different. But that's not what prisons are about. They are basically glorified daycares for naughty adults. People just sit around playing games and doing push ups and waiting around all day. For some people, that might be an effective enough punishment to not want to go back, but for others it's whatever. And even if they don't want to go back, they haven't been given any new tools to live life differently upon release. In fact, they have fewer resources upon release, more of a social stigma that will be a hindrance to them, and they haven't gotten any counseling or help to aid them in making better choices. So they are pretty likely to re-offend.

Honestly I could go on and on about this, so I'll leave it there. I think our nation would greatly benefit from a major reform of the prison system. Focus more on actually trying to help the prisoners see their error and change. Many people who commit crimes are also victims of something... there is something in there that has led them to that life, and I think they could all benefit from mandatory therapy while incarcerated. I think it's insane that we haven't made that a mandatory required part of being in prison.

I think it's both. Because as you say, there needs to be punishment for breaking the law. Without enforcement, the law would mean nothing. It is partially about punishment and partially about keeping the rest of society safe.

However, I don't think "punishment" should be conflated with "revenge." I think many rape victims, if they were allowed to have "revenge" on their rapists, would probably torture or murder them. Or rape them, an eye for an eye. Sending them to prison for their own actions is not "revenge."

I just think calling it revenge makes it sound like the victim is doing something wrong by having justice. Because to me, as a Christian, revenge is not a good thing. I'm not permitted to seek revenge. So maybe that's just my own perspective because of my faith, but calling it "revenge" makes it seem like something bad and unfair. It's not wrong of a victim to seek justice, and you can want justice without wanting "revenge." The blame needs to be put where it belongs, which is on the perpetrator. They committed a crime, they pay the punishment. They knew that was the consequence of the action they were planning to take, and they did it anyway. Punishing them for that is not unjust.

16. brilliantidiot

Wish I could like that post more than once. I've always thought prisons are a waste of money and a waste of the prisioers lives. Ideally, I believe the best punishment for breaking the law would be grueling, but productive both for the individual and for the nation, labor. Something to dread with a passion but also beneficial instead of wasteful. Almost like an extreme boot camp maybe. It would be great if the prisoners could learn a trade so they wouldn't be totally jobless when they got out, that's a major conributer to serial offenses.

The only thing that I somewhat disagree with is:
    Prison can be abesolute hell. Rape, gangs, etc., I'm (sortof) freinds with a guy who went to jail multiple times and its a lot, lot worse than daycare for adults.

17. brilliantidiot

Speaking of the original topic, have yall heard about dwanye wade's son?

18. Fair enough. I've heard varying opinions. I've seen first hand footage of prisons and people who have been in and out of the system for years and aren't afraid of prison at all. I've even heard some drug users who use prison to dry out. They aren't afraid and they don't see it as hell. So it probably depends on the prison, and the person.

19. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Yeah it's just a frustrating topic to talk about because I know no matter how many times I debate about this stuff it will not change a dang thing. The time for logical and rational talks with lawmakers is long gone as they have proven time and time again that they aren't listening. What doesn't effect them does not exist and the punishment for these crimes because of this will always remain a joke.

At the end of the day it's one for all and every time I see the people my government releases out into the public it start to understand more and more about how it's a kill or be killed world, justice is not on the mind of anyone who has the power to change it so in my eyes laws aren't worth the paper they are written on.

If you can get a way with murder, if you can get away with rape, if you can get away theft, dealing drugs, fraud and any other destructive deed to society what's one's motivation to follow that law?

I am just so tired of arguing the same points again and again and again like I am stuck in an endless loop that just constantly keeps chipping away at me and any sanity I have left.

Anyways I have decided it is pointless to discuss this topic going forward so good bye.