1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I believe it's usually other peoples actions that send people over the edge when it comes to suicide

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Feb 18, 2020.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

So for instance you could get someone who is suffering with bad mental health problems, and this alone is causing the person to feel suicidal, then other people start bashing this person on social media, boom this person ends up commiting suicide. These other peoples actions sent this person over the edge and caused this person to commit suicide.

You could get someone who suffers with bad mental health problems, this alone is causing them to feel suicidal. They can't work because of their mental health problems and are on benefits. But the the general public don't like this person for this and discrimnate against them. The goverment decide to basically give this person a boot up the arse, take them off their benefits and force them to try get a job. Boom these actions from other people send this person over the edge and this person ends up commiting suicide.

These are just some examples. But I truly believe when it comes to suicide, in many cases it is actually other peoples actions that send a lot of people over the edge.

Unfortunately mental health is a huge problem in today's society. But it's also extrememly unfortunate the level of how discriminated mental health problems are.

A big problem that is becoming more and more apparant is many people look fine, they look like they have nothing wrong with them, where as in reality they're seriously suffering mentally. Unfortunately many people discriminate against this. It's honestly as if a lot of people cant help it.

So yeah just something I wanted to throw out there. That I do believe suicides a lot of the time are actually caused by other peoples actions. I believe in many cases it is other peoples actions that send a lot of people over the edge.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. helpinghand4all

helpinghand4all Fapstronaut

I also do believe that it is due to other people's actions that include not helping them and providing the correct mindset and emotional support.

3. Aren't you judging other people you have no business or qualifications to judge in such a harsh manner for?

4. blademaster87

blademaster87 Fapstronaut

True. That's how important it is to know how to detach. People are sometimes too dependant on what others think or do, but what they can't realize is, others won't live your life for you. I'd say the majority of people are too insensitive, it's just easier to not walk another's shoes.

skaterdrew likes this.
  5. BlindSisyphus

BlindSisyphus Fapstronaut

Hey man, if you're feeling on edge you aren't the only one. Take care.

skaterdrew likes this.
  6. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

I hate to say this but I pretty sure I can confirm. I feel responsible for my best fiends suicide, partly anyway. He had other issues schizophrenia for one. He felt like I had abandoned him but in reality after some weird personal issues regarding my own mental health we weren’t on the best of terms last time we saw each other and I was just to much of a coward to call him and talk to him. His mom contacted me and asked me to try and get through to him when he stopped taking his meds and started spirling out of control. 1 month later he took his own life.

All I’m saying is call the people close to you and see how their doing now and then. Otherwise you might regret it.

helpinghand4all likes this.
  7. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I think if the person is close to you and you're aware the person is feeling this way, and yet you still do nothing at all to help, then all of a sudden this person commits suicide, then yes I would feel very guilty for this.

But a lot of the time people have no idea how someone is feeling, and then all of a sudden you hear they commit suicide. I don't feel like this is necessarily someones fault, if they had no idea how they were feeling and then they commit suicide.

8. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

I don't think his suicide was your fault though. You can't monitor someone 24/7.

You can't torture your self thinking what maybe would or wouldn't of happened if you had called him. Because the truth is you will never know.

Overapple likes this.
  9. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

I know and that’s the part that bothers me the most. Could i have prevented it? I’ll never know. It’s hard not to dwell on. Got to make sure you your friends and family are ok, mental health is still so overlooked and often times ignored.
    That’s why we’re all here though right? To get rig he and he’ll each other.

10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Blaming yourself for another person’s suicide is natural but ultimately we all control our own lives and the choices we make.

Overapple likes this.