1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't sexualise everything anymore

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JestfulPotion57115, Jan 6, 2020.

1. JestfulPotion57115

JestfulPotion57115 Fapstronaut

I think one of the most underrated benefits of NoFap is the purification of the mind. I used to feel like I needed to look at every booty, every chest, sexualise it all. But since going on this streak I've been finding that I no longer feel that way. My mind just knows theres booty everywhere but it's not all for me to look at. I feel more free now.

Owaiss, nirav2696, nick323 and 15 others like this.
  2. Cavemanman

Cavemanman Fapstronaut

This is one of the benefits I look forward to the most. I hate how my mind automatically sexualizes everything, it makes me feel like scum. Around what day marker did you start feeling the purification of thought? Also congrats on your streak, hope to get there someday.

nirav2696, RobbyGo36 and Enigma897 like this.
  3. JestfulPotion57115

Thanks you. For me around day 20 I started it feel my mind was getting cleaner. And now I really feel I can go out in public and now come home not feeling shame that I was sexualising everything. It'll come for you soon man and you'll love it. All the best on your streak

SirErnest likes this.
  4. Pigwaran

Pigwaran Fapstronaut

I'm jealous. Day 85 and still, I see female curves everywhere. It's especially annoying, when i encounter random images, which seem to be sexual in the first glimpse, out of the corner of my eye, then appearing to be something entirely different. Well, I'm in this addiction for 20 years, so I guess it will take like one year to fully recover.. Anyone else feels like this?

5. Thanks for the share. Indeed, that's one of the best benefits of NoFap.I can confirm that after a long streak the sexualization of everything starts to fade away. It doesn't happen overnight and even though I am on my record streak right now I still seem to look at things through the prism of P. Anyway, compared to the time from before this streak it's like day and night.

6. yes and when we're in that 'sex on the brain' mindset it changes our behavior... i literally used to take different routes running errands because there was a yoga studio on the way - now I think, why would i want to intentionally arouse myself over something I can't have? (the chances of having sex with a woman you randomly see on the street with a nice ass are next to nil, and it probably woudn't be as 'satisfying' as the 'fantasy' anyway.)

Huskerjim, SequinHistory and NarutoYi like this.
  7. JestfulPotion57115

For sure it's different for everyone, I'm sure soon it'll start to change for you too.

8. JestfulPotion57115

Yeah hey, the way P addiction makes us see everything from a P perspective horrible. Never realised that P invaded every space in my life till I started trying to quit. Glad you're making steps in the right direction.

SequinHistory and Tommy1235 like this.
  9. JestfulPotion57115

This is such a sole recovery story to tell. So proud of you that you've consciously decided not to take the scenic route anymore :p

ivanhoe and NarutoYi like this.
  10. NarutoYi

NarutoYi Fapstronaut

I am very happy for you.
    This has been a problem for me because my eyes wanted to wander around and look at other girls even tho I didn’t want to.If I would try to stop it,I would have a high pressure in my brain and in the end I would end up staring at other girls,thing I never wanted.I am on my healing journey and it is so much better now.I look at girls in a curious way and not in a sexualized or addicting way and I am loving it.

It feels horible because I’ve had this addiction while in relationship and I would stare other girls even though it wasn’t my concsious will.I always said I don’t want this thing, I love my girl ,why am I doing this.I would blame relationship problems and I was hoping and wishing for it to go away.I am so happy I found NoFap and I could remove this addiction by myself without waiting anymore.
    My girlfriend is upset and feels betrayed right now because of that.
    I really hope that one day she understands that it really wasn’t me.

Thank you for everything and I am so glad that I have your support.

11. JestfulPotion57115

Really hope you keep improving with the looking and that you and your girl keep getting stronger in your relationship

Lilla_My, Huskerjim and NarutoYi like this.
  12. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

The benefit IMO is that it makes me feel like a decent, honourable man and not some disgusting pervert

13. thelightfantastic

thelightfantastic Fapstronaut

i could have written this statement and the other entries, it’s exactly what I’ve been going through and been feeling. Im 12 days straight and its amazing the amount of clarity i have already compared to before, still some way to go but a distinct improvement in my mental state and general thoughts

Martin2412 likes this.
  14. blahblahblah100

blahblahblah100 Fapstronaut

Yesterday was tough but managed through it. Just wish this ailment would leave me. Feel so dirty all the time

15. Rexbrent

Rexbrent Fapstronaut

How you did it bro . How did u control sex thoughts

16. JestfulPotion57115

I know that feeling, it's so important to forgive yourself because you're the one who holds this addiction against yourself the most

17. JestfulPotion57115

I didn't control them, I found that they come the most when I indulge, when I look at a girl for too long. When I started to turn my head away from looking then the sexual thoughts became less and less and less. The self control comes with time

Huskerjim likes this.
  18. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

I hope I will get to that point too.

19. slapdad jones

slapdad jones Fapstronaut

Really great thread all, and congrats to everyone! It’s very true for me as well. It doesn’t go away completely for me but I find it much easier to control to be sure. I believe that there is a natural expression of appreciation when you are confronted with a truly beautiful person. It’s also true that this person has hopes, dreams, interests, and opinions. Its amazing how all of that context is just brushed away by the physical element. It really is a sort of mind rut we get stuck in. I had a work colleague tell me once that he could tell when there was a woman behind him as he spoke to me because he could see my eyes tracking movement and running the vertical sweep as she passed by...it was such an auto response I didn’t realize it. Pretty bad.
    Be better today than you were yesterday!

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  20. Nucleus

Nucleus Fapstronaut

I’m totally with you.

I started this journey having to make an effort to not check women out all the time. I would go into an immediate sexual reaction and turn everything female into a sex object... and then it stopped (or at least it got toned down to a very manageable degree).

I don’t have to look away anymore. I can now see a girl who is very pretty without going straight into a state of lust. This is just huge.

Im so happy to see that someone else is going through the same thing. It is nothing less than a liberation.

PowerfulSRE likes this.