1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Music makers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Pathofsuccess_1, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Pathofsuccess_1

Pathofsuccess_1 Fapstronaut

Any music makers in this forum? If so comment down below. If not comment your favorite type of music or instrument.

2. Yes! I play the piano and sing. I write songs and share them with my friends

3. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I'm a violinist and sing in a local community choir. Favourite styles would be baroque, folk, and modern classical but to be honest there is very little music I do not like!

4. I mostly just sing, but I can play a little bit of basic guitar and piano. I'd like to get better at both, but I honestly just don't see it as a high enough priority to practice at the moment.

5. YES!! I create a variety of EDM. Mostly produced with FL studio and Protools 8 LE.

I had my own EDM label but it collapsed. My partner and I never formally signed any papers or copyrighted my material. Honestly, I'm glad we didn't because he randomly stopped talking to me and didn't bring anything to the plate. Kept telling me he had "connections" and we needed to copyright but never pushed to get it done. I was handling our facebook, IG, website, demos etc. I pushed us so hard on Spinnin Records and Insta we had around 27k plays. Our website was a one of a kind because it combined a talent pool like Spinnin, loop library like splice, and a social media section like soundcloud.

It was so much work for me. I was the CEO, artist, graphic designer, and promoter. We could have played shows and even would have brought a new concept to EDM. Sad nothing came from it. All I have left is a shell of a website.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2020

6. Show me it, I love EDM.

7. Pathofsuccess_1 likes this.
  8. Is this your remix, because if it is, it is dope!

TurboBull92 likes this.
  9. YEAH!! We were a force to be reckoned with.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Oh yeah it's mine. It made 15th place worldwide in the contest. We had Futuristic Polar Bears following us on Insta too.

11. Hey dude if you're still interested in making EDM, here are some sources that you can use to get them published:

1. DubstepGutter (my favorite channel): https://www.youtube.com/user/DubStepGutter
    Note that you may not be able to get your music published here (as I've heard from one person), but you can try anyway.

2. Tasty: https://www.youtube.com/user/TastyNetwork

3. Diversity: https://www.youtube.com/user/DiavelNN

4. Monstercat: Uncaged (this channel's music, I don't really like it so much, but if you upload it on here, I'll totally listen to it) https://www.youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia

I'm sure you have already heard of these YouTubers.

TurboBull92 likes this.

12. Diversity, Itro got famous on there. I never applied to monstercat. We did try to some indie future house labels and got shot down pretty hard.

I'll look into DubstepGutter and Tasty. Thanks bro.

13. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i use to produce hip hop/r&b beats with whatever sofeware i can buy at eletronic stores then i would write lyrics an rap onto the instrumentals ,i work with some cool producers that helped produce the final product then i took up singing lessons an excelled decently with my high tones an vibrato, i took guitar lessons i only know the basic chords an come up with decent melodies but it seems the inspiration has left me i dont have no interest in it,

14. Pathofsuccess_1

Pathofsuccess_1 Fapstronaut

Just listening to the music you have and reading that. You can still make it!

Stick to your goals and do whatever you have to do to achieve them.

My suggestion is to start posting on YouTube. Wayyy to many people use the platform now for your music to be passed up. People are going to notice and you’ll be able to build a new fan base.

Keep going and don’t give up. Make some crazy innovative instrumentals with good thumbnails and a nice instrumental visual and you WILL be set.

And by innovative instrumentals, Create stuff that is absolutely dope. Stuff that shocks you and stuff that would make you want to listen to it and buy it if you heard it as a listener.

Be innovative by pushing the limits and using new sound trends. You never know, you could push the industry!

Be creative and use your talents, mix it, use good visuals, upload, use tags, and good thumbnails/titles/descriptions, you will succeed.

Learn along the way, that’s the best part about the whole process.

good luck my friend.

15. I can try. I need to get it copyrighted under my name.
    I have a plethora of experimental stuff I can upload.

Thanks

16. That's so awesome! EDM is a monster of a music genre. That sounds so fun!

TurboBull92 and Deleted Account like this.
  17. I play the Uilleann Pipes and tin whistles/low whistles. Irish traditional music.

18. newstartolife

newstartolife Fapstronaut

I write rap music, apparently it's pretty bad :/

19. ksafimova

ksafimova Fapstronaut

I am a musician playing the Yamaha SLG100S guitar. I am in a group. I can't say that we have the only music maker. This applies to our entire community. We are like one organism that creates a product together. This is a very cool feature.