1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how to fall asleep for beginners

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by RollerCoaster, Feb 23, 2020.

1. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

Please share your experiences when it comes to overcoming sleep problems. What did work for you and what did not?

2. Ah shit I hoped this would be a guide...

Well depends on your sleep problems, mine is/was that I can't sleep in easily.

What helped the most is:
    Lie down in your sleeping position
    Lie still and don't move, don't chanfe position
    Try not to think of anything, focus on your breath.

My usual problem was that I thought too much about stuff in bed.

Also: get up at the first alarm, snoozing usually makes me more tired

CaptainFranklin likes this.
  3. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

Yes mine is also not falling asleep. I keep thinking about stuff and lose the trust that I can fall asleep

4. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I second lying still. Once you start to toss and turn, it’s all over. My problem is not falling asleep, but staying asleep. I take a good dose of CBD before bed which seems to alleviate anxious thoughts from creeping in when I do wake in the middle of the night, so I usually can return to sleep more easily. Cool temperatures and a nice clean, made bed goes a long way as well. Keep it dark with some white noise to drown out any outside sounds.

5. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Bro how can someone be a beginner at falling asleep

6. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

You have to proactive as much in the day as night. For example, keep yourself relaxed through the day, meditate (twice if you can), do Qigong, Tai Chi. Do these things from morning to night, also and this is key...be productive during the day. Do a lot of things, accomplish tasks, when you go to bed you should be able to have a sense of reward. If you dont, chances are you'll have trouble sleeping even if you're tired. Also, dont carry any negativity in you towards people, find love if you can so you can feel content with yourself. If you're not in a relationship then just do things for other people like family.

Another thing, get sexual thoughts out of your head at night. Otherwise you'll be restless, anxious and your hormones will kick in, you'll be wide awake. This is why guys sleep better after they whack off or have sex.

Yes, there are common sense things others will mention like health, caffeine, alcohol, exercise but end of the day (pun intended) those things dont amount to shit unless you have a relaxed and clear mind. It's really mind over matter.

Mistersofty likes this.
  7. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

Hey man do I have the perfect article for you:
    https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/fall-asleep-fast/

I've tried this method the past few times I've wanted to fall asleep. While I'm still learning and perfecting this skill, it has definitely cut down the time I need to doze off.

8. I read some article on this website by a guy named Steve Pavlina about waking up early. (Maybe it is steve pavlina dot com or something.) What he said worked was not to set a bed time, but to set a wake up time. So, every day, you wake up at the same time no matter what. (Even on holidays and weekends.) You go to bed when you are tired. He says there is no point in trying to go to bed before you are ready to sleep, as you will just lay there. If your wake up time is, say, 7 am, but you are not tired until 2 am, then you just get 5 hours of sleep and then the next night you are more tired, and go to bed earlier naturally. Eventually it is supposed to even out. In order to determine if you are tired, you get in bed and start reading some book. If you cannot pay attention to the book any more, you are "tired enough," and you go to sleep. If you are just awake, get up and do something.

I tried this for some amount of time, getting up every day at 6:15, and my body naturally started to want to sleep at 10 pm or so. It seemed to work!