1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prepare yourself for your future wife

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. This is a Christian topic but I think this can apply for everyone, so something my grandma and me were talking about is how God has someone set as aside for me to marry and be with, and what she said that stuck out was “save yourself for the one God has for you” and that made me realize what my new focus should be on, becoming the best version of me for the one that is destined to be. Don’t do all this work just to impress random woman, heck I don’t even sleep with strangers so what good does showing off do?, everything I have and do should be dedicated to God and second to her, what better way is there to go?.

2. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

This kind of theology could cause someone to have a mental breakdown. Domino effect man, domino effect!

3. If it's truth, then so be it. Truth should be spoken regardless of whether or not everyone likes it or wants to accept it.

If you want to refute the truth and validity of the statement, go right ahead, but "this might make someone upset" isn't a valid reason to not believe something. If it's not true, don't believe it. If it is true, believe it regardless of whether you like it or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020
    BravelyKegger, letter and TurboBull92 like this.
  4. Well said :) I agree.

Something I heard a speaker mention, back in college once, that really hit me was that you need to be the kind of person the person you're looking for would be attracted to. He was telling about his daughter, who wasn't really following God, and she one day said that she realized that the kind of man she wants to be with, one who loves God and is following him closely, wouldn't be attracted to her, because she isn't living like that. And that realization made her change her lifestyle.

Another way to put it is "if you want to find a Princess, you need to be a prince." I see people all the time who clearly aren't thinking about this. They talk about themselves as if they are lazy and never leave the house, etc, and then say they want to find a girl who loves adventure. And I'm like... a girl who lives adventure isn't going to be looking for a guy who never leaves his house.

I think too often people focus on FINDING "the right person," and we need to be more focused on BEING "the right person." It will benefit us in relationships, but also just in general life, because self improvement is good for us anyway.

Nines, BravelyKegger and letter like this.
  5. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

I had a manager at a previous job whose wife slept with another congregation member he considered a friend. When I met him he was divorced and paying $5000 a month in child support. Did god choose that woman for him too?

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Well, your future wife is going to be a “random woman” when you first meet her. If you’re too busy overlooking all the random women you come across, you’ll never meet her in the first place.

red gyarados likes this.
  7. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

That really sucks man, I wish no one such thing to happen. From religious point of view for him it’s either a test (to see how he passes this shitty situation) or a punishment (for some sins in order to get ‘clean up’ in this world).
    And for us it’s information ‘choose your wife very sagely’ and even though it can happen to anyone.

8. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

God, your parents, then her, I think that’s better

BravelyKegger likes this.
  9. MARRIED GUY HERE.

1. Don't do anything stupid. If you decide that later on to marry a faithful woman, don't be sleeping around now. It WILL create problems.

2. I think God has a number of women that you have a chance of being with, but if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

3. Men, find yourself a traditional woman who is faithful. This way you only need to worry about improving yourself and lifting her up. Being her leader. A worldly woman will try to use selfish tactics on you and not put you as her husband.

4. If you date a nice girl and it doesn't work out I mean no chemistry, don't worry. In a year or so you two may be dating. (Happened to me. Wanted nothing to do with me, then about a year later we were dating and fell in love.)

You want a good wife, then you need to look all women as two groups determined by their actions: Worldly, and Traditional.
    Wordly - place herself first and is selfish.
    Traditional - Honors you and places Jesus in the middle of your marriage.

If any of you want to talk, message me. I'd be happy to provide some insight. :)

10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

What an odd thing to say. Marriage is an equal partnership, nobody is the leader of anyone, you’re not her boss. At least that’s how it should be.

11. Let me charify, in a christian household it's the husbands job to lead her and the family to church. It's the man's responsibility to be that foundation.

12. That's not Biblical, though. The Bible says a man should leave his mother and father and cling to his wife. We are supposed to place our spouses second, not to put our parents above them.

mondhamray and letter like this.
  13. Great post :)

Reminds me of a quote I enjoyed a lot in my single days: "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man should have to seek Him, to find her."

TurboBull92 likes this.
  14. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Whenever I hear people talking about marriage, I am reminded of an Arabic proverb that I know as the 10-cow Woman. The proverb comes from looooooong ago when a man or his father paid a dowry to the future wife’s father, and back then a cow was worth a lot of money.

If you thought a woman was very beautiful, you’d give 2 cows for her. If she was absolutely gorgeous, you’d give 3 cows for her.

So, the proverb...

A man goes to his future father-in-law, and instead of offering one, two or three cows...he offers TEN cows. The father of the bride-to-be is absolutely stunned. He says, “You don’t need to give me ten cows. You don’t even need to give me one. My daughter is so ugly I’ll just be happy to have her married and out of my house.”

But the man insists and gives the father 10 cows. He takes the woman away to be with him and marries her. Many years later, the man returns to visit his father-in-law. When he arrives, the father-in-law says “Who is the woman with you? She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. What did you do with my daughter? Where is she?”

And, at hearing that, that the woman speaks up, her face so full of happiness and joy, “It is me, father, your daughter.” At hearing her voice, he knew it was her. He was amazed at her transformation. The man loved her so much that who he saw her as and loved her as radiated outwards from within.

/proverb

Take what you will from that.

For me, it says a few things. Don’t marry someone you aren’t willing to give everything for and love extravagantly. Love should reach beyond someone’s flaws.

With that in mind, I’ve avoided committing myself to many people. It’s difficult to articulate all the reasons why, but when you prepare yourself to love like that it becomes very clear if the love that is shared is real or not.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  15. Completely agree, we attract people based on how we act and what we believe in.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. It is possible God has no one set for you and it is not in his plan for you, it’s all about faith, but I do believe in looking for someone to date.

17. There is Gods will and your will, just because you get married does not mean it was to the right person.

18. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

Well isn’t that convenient. Anyway, I never asked him but I’d be surprised if he got any support from his church after being cheated on. Can’t say I’ve ever seen god punish anyone’s ex wife either, looks like a pretty nice gig if you can pretend to love your husband for a few years.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  19. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

What I am saying is from religious point of view, if you believe in afterlife.

Doesn’t matter much, because it’s better to study religion itself, not to judge by ‘religious’ people, because they can do really bad stuff and this will turn you away from religion.
    Also I think in Bible cheating (married men or women) is punished by death penalty (ofc it is doesn’t practice nowadays, but that’s the ideal society case anyway)

If we look at life this way (non-religious) it is really unfair, no doubt.
    Our discussion is not about if you are right and I am wrong or vice versa , it’s about either you believe or not in God and so on (because it gives you different perspective), just wanted to present you religious point of view on such shitty thing which has happen to your manager.