1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last thing you bought for yourself. What kinds of stuff do you buy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 24, 2020.

1. What was the last thing you bough for yourself?
    What kinds of stuff do you buy for yourself?

I've really stayed away from buying myself any kind of movies, games, or consoomer products.Last thing I bought myself was something of value I can bring to myself. I bought a $300 suit from Jos. A. Bank. Anybody else at the point where if you're going to buy something anything it needs to be of value or self improvement, like a book or watch. I don't see the new star wars movie or nintendo as valued items. It doesn't click with me anymore why a grown man would want any of those things. How about a new tool set, or beard scruff. That's cool. If there is nothing of value to offer me, no knowledge to be attained I usually pass on it. I'm actually trying to sell ALL of my electronics and use that money to buy suits and books lol.

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

i was stupid and high and bought a really sweet gucci hat for 400$

TurboBull92 likes this.
  3. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

4. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

A new amp and dac to go with a nice pair of headphones. I love losing myself in music and appreciating it.

Espi1971 and TurboBull92 like this.
  6. mondhamray

mondhamray Fapstronaut

Some calipers to measure body fat.

Espi1971 and TurboBull92 like this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

A new case for my phone...
    Anything and everything I need, like groceries and whatnot. I don’t really blow my money on pointless stuff. At one point my house was full of clutter and now that I’ve done a massive purge, I don’t want a bunch of crap I don’t need piling up all around me again. Lol

ANewFocus, Espi1971 and TurboBull92 like this.
  8. HAHAHA! This made my day. GUCCI!

9. Have you heard of an arch brace? It does around your shoulder blades and straightens posture.

mondhamray likes this.
  10. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I bought a guitar. It was $1,000 but I got a discount and traded in my old guitar, so I only ended up paying $400. I’m glad I did because it sounds really nice.

Espi1971 and brilliantidiot like this.
  11. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Interesting.

12. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

What kind?

13. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

It’s a Martin GPC-11E.

TurboBull92 and brilliantidiot like this.
  14. mondhamray

mondhamray Fapstronaut

Yes! I want one!

TurboBull92 likes this.
  15. My husband and I each have $50/month that we call our personal "fun money." This has been a great system for us, because it both stops me from spending too much, but also stops me from feeling guilty every single time I spend any money on something that isn't necessary. Now, when I want to go to Starbucks or grab a snack or go out with a friend, I don't have to feel guilty. I just take it out of my fun money budget.

But anyway, the most recent thing I bought was some new athletic pants. I like to wear comfy pants most of the time, and I have some nice spandex workout pants that I love, but only one pair. So I got two more from Ross, $20 for both. One black pair, one green snake skin pattern. :)

We're going on a trip soon, and I wanted some more airy, breathable pants that I can wear comfortably all day without being overly hot or too cold.

16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I'm shocked that some of you would spend so much on clothes.

Last thing I bought was chewing gum.

17. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Sounds like a great budget plan.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

I usually spend more money on shoes/accessories than i do on clothes. I'll buy a 20 dollar shirt but 200 dollar pair of shoes. Not really any better but its a weird habit of mine.

TurboBull92 likes this.
  19. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Thanks for your idea, this could work pretty positive for me too! I will try it out ^

TurboBull92 and Deleted Account like this.
  20. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

To reply to the topic. I bought a lot of plants lately and made my room look like a jungle. I dont regret it! It makes my room come allive ^

Deleted Account likes this.