1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NO ALCOHOL FOR 7 DAYS

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kaylee time, Feb 23, 2020.

1. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

I’m hoping to try and go 1 week without consuming any alcoholic beverages. I think it would do me a lot of good. I’m working on loosing weight and building muscle. Started going to the gym again. I feel like taking a break from drinking might help me feel less bloated. I know consuming beer takes that kind of toll. Overall I think the aftermath of alcohol affects my mood negatively. I don’t credit all of it to alcohol. But I think it may be a contributing factor. I hate the idea of becoming an alcoholic or even dependent on alcohol in order to relax and/or have a good time. Could definitely use some people to talk to in the mean time. Especially if any of you decide on taking on the same goal? If anyone has gone through something similar in this sort of cleanse, I would love to hear any tips and suggestions as how you managed.

Deleted Account and +TenPercent like this.
  2. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

Dedicating yourself to improving your physical fitness is a fantastic idea, I definitely believe the mental benefits it gives you will help you with this problem with alcohol as well as any other you have now or in the future.

I've never had an issue with alcohol before, but when I was trying to cut out junk food from my life (which I was consuming everyday) I had a problem specifically with drinking a cherry coke everyday when I came home from school. To help me get over it, I would start drinking cherry flavored tea with stevia everyday instead. I know its much more difficult with alcohol, but especially if you have a daily/weekly routine for drinking it, maybe try and replace it with another drink. Best of luck to you.

+TenPercent and kaylee time like this.
  3. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

ahhh.. junkfood. My other enemy haha. Tonight after working out i stopped by and picked up some chicken broth. Figured that might help me stay away from junkfood, or food in general (as I tend to bored eat). Also going to try and get back to drinking more hot tea. Thats what i grew up doing before alcohol took place haha. Its really not that big of an issue, but combined with a few different things, its time for a change. So just try my best to do better for my body. It deserves better.

4. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’m thinking about going dry for awhile myself. I can usually handle two drinks after work without consequence, but lately I’ve been pushing it a bit and that’s when I lose sleep, relapse, and my mental health tanks. Maybe time for a reset. Just gotta finish my bottle of tequila first...lol!

kaylee time likes this.
  5. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

Haha that’s a terrible mindset. But I know it haha. Thankfully tequila won’t go bad if you let it sit in the bottle for a while
    I have plenty bottles sitting around haha.
    I think my choice is usually some type of beer or lately it’s been reds apple wicked drinks. Which one gets me plenty good in the evening. My thing is just that it’s become like a daily thing, having a couple drinks before bed. I haven’t really given my body many days in between drinking every night before. And that can’t be healthy. Let me know if you decide to join in! Haha. Going to diner tonight with my bf and meeting a friend. That’ll be the real challenge because we’re going to a bar for dinner. Gonna focus on drinking my hot tea like I used to haha. But this friend of ours drinks quite a bit more than me haha. So it’s gonna be interesting resisting to follow along lol. But I’m really looking forward to dinner. Just focusing on that thought. Fooood

6. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

7. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Cool, enjoy. Maybe hold off on that seven day streak until tomorrow :p

kaylee time likes this.
  8. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

Day 3! I know one week is really not that massive of a goal. And I know I can do it. But I chose to consider every day a small victory. Went out to dinner with my BF and a friend. No one drank. We had a wonderful time. And agreed that taking a break from drinking is a good idea. So one day at a time! At the gym this morning. Patting myself on the back big time today haha.

9. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Good for you. Glad you didn’t take my advice. I should probably be more supportive in this forum.

kaylee time likes this.
  10. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

Hahaha I wasn’t sure if that was advice to me or yourself about finishing the tequila

Mistersofty likes this.
  11. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Never listen to my advice. Lol!

kaylee time likes this.
  12. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

I haven’t! I’m on day what, like 5 now? I’m home and kind of wishing I could have a drink. But I haven’t really thought about that much. It’s just like what I would usually do while watching some breaking bad before bed.

Mistersofty likes this.
  13. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

So far on Day 6! Determined to go full 7 days. Which means no alcohol until Sunday. And I have not smoked any weed either. But I do that a lot less often so not nearly as difficult to resist. But tempting haha.

Deleted Account likes this.