1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else not really care about their family?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by C12345, Feb 27, 2020.

1. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

I hate that I feel like this but man I couldn't give two shits about my family besides one set of grandparents and one aunt. I used to love my family but now friends are so much more important to me. My cousins and uncle that live near me are beyond fucking annoying. They over exagerate everything they do to seem cool. They also lie a lot. My other family is too far away to care about. It makes me sad but I guess this is how life goes.

2. Friends come and go...

vxlccm and C12345 like this.
  3. kb117

kb117 Fapstronaut

I didn't care much for my family. I "loved" them in theory, but I didn't act like it. I've grow since then, and now I truly love them. This doesn't mean I accept them for the way they are because they're flawed just like everyone. But in loving them I wish the best for them. I hope they discover their better selves, as we strive to find our better self. I help them when they truly need help because I would want the same.
    Family are strangers you happened to be born into. In a way, they're a gift because we did nothing to "earn" them. Some are better than others, but just remember, you were shaped by them from your earliest years. So you are a part of them. And they're a part of you. Good luck!

4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Most of my family has passed away. There is hardly any of us left.

5. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

I have a pretty big family. My aunt passed away recently and I can’t say i really felt anything. Obviously I felt for my cousins I love my mom and we have a decent relationship so I could at least try to understand how they were feeling. But there are just family members that might as well be strangers.

C12345 likes this.
  6. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

for me its not like that.
    They have made me independent from the very start. I have been living apart from then since 10th grade and I used to stay in boarding school till 4rth grade. So I have spent about 6 years of my life with them. And they really love me so much.

I never had any money problem as I was doing part time when I was in college, then I got the college with scholarship and apart from the first fees my parents need not to give money to me bec I was getting more amount than my fees and hostel.

Then, before passing out college I had a job in my hand which pays me the same amount which my father is earning now (probably more). So, I was almost independent from all perspective as there was no much responsibility.

The problem is, which I feel with me, that whenever I have to take a decision, I just take it, when to go home , when to go out for trip, when to buy something, whatever it may be... I dont think of them that they might be affected bec of this or what they will be thinking if I do this. I love them. I do whatever they ask me to do.

Suppose you won a race, or got a promotion or something.. one gets happy and tell their family about it. But that doesn't happens with me. I love them, I care for them but they dont come in my mind whether I have won at something or lost something. Even when I was admitted in hospital, I didn't told them bec it didnt strike me.

Many a times, I cried asking myself that you are everything bec of them and how could they do not come to my mind. How could I dont think of them.

I think its mainly bec I have been away from home for too long. Initially it was bad but then it has become a habit.

C12345 likes this.