1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Lite Mode Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Philosophical_Dad, Oct 11, 2019.

Are you in?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. Checking in for day 7/30. I started the day running with more intensity but less time. The 5K race that I will run is closer. I am glad I am beginning a new week, with hope to continue clean.

During the weekend I noticed something. Since day 0 to Friday last week, my motivation was pretty good after I started posting in this forum. You know, committing to this challenge, reading and sharing my feelings helped a lot. But during the weekend I didn't feel the same motivation. I didn't feel weak, but not as strong. And I believe is because I didn't have time (and privacy) to read about rebooting. I read last week about Soaring Eagle's concept of brain wash and I think that was helping a lot. I think that was the difference.

So this week my focus will be on spending some time reading and studying, to stay motivated.

Also, I felt angry a couple times during the weekend, but this time I was focused to understand that it has nothing to do with PM. There are separate things and PM is a disorder that has nothing to do with anger and stress. That helped I guess.

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  3. Philosophical_Dad

4. Today is my day 8/30. I started running slow and tomorrow I will run more distance. Reading about rebooting has helped me, but also posting in this forum. I have posted every day since the day I started here, and it has helped a lot in the healing process. I can feel it. If someone reads this, don't hesitate to share your feelings and what you are doing to keep going in your own process. People like me is reading and seeking experiences from others in order to learn and improve. Hope you all are having a great week!

5. Checking in for day 9/30!

6. Mechdiesel

Mechdiesel Fapstronaut

8/30 checking in still going strong no p/m. I have been using the nofab subreddit page and it helps to look at everyone’s post on there. It helps to know I’m not the only one struggling and it also helps seeing others succeed at overcoming this addiction/temptation of pmo

fatherofthree likes this.
  7. 10/30. Feeling motivated, one day at a time! Two things that are really helping me: 1) studying about rebooting and 2) posting in this forum. They are making a big difference.

8. Hello people. Reporting day 11/30 on this challenge. Hope you are enjoying the challenge as I am!

9. Muhammad kazim

Muhammad kazim New Fapstronaut

10. 13/30.. at the end of the day, but decided to complete the challenge!

11. Philosophical_Dad

Way to go, dude! That's awesome!

I really struggled the last few days. A lot of stress from work while my daughter continues a real rough patch (seems to be teething + adjusting to terrible twos). All this stress put me in a negative feedback loop: the stress made it harder to do the things that help me reduce stress, which led to more stress, etc.

Well, today I try to get back on track!

0/15

12. Hey @Philosophical_Dad thank you for cheering me up, I am reporting on my day 16/30!

You can do this. Stress was one of my triggers but a while ago I started looking for something else that helps me relax. I cannot work while stressed, it is really complicated. I usually try to control my stress levels and when I cannot avoid it, I have found myself pausing my work and taking a break to watch a good video, hear a song.. something that gets me my peace back.

13. Philosophical_Dad

Thanks, FoT. That sounds like great advice. I need to try that.

1/15

14. I have been a bit busy the last couple days. We had a software release and an incident with a server. Even so, here I am reporting on day 17/30. @Philosophical_Dad keep rocking it! you know, I think it is possible to let the excess of work be a protection against PMO, as long as it is not stressful. That is how I describe the last couple busy days and I think it can be positive somehow.

15. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

I tried this challenge, made it to 4 days, and quit. Haven't tried it since. I'm going to start keeping a calendar next to my bed, checking days I avoid PMO and x'ing days where I fail. Wish me luck.

16. Philosophical_Dad

That's a great perspective! I'll see if I can look at it that way.

Way to go making it 17 days!

2/15

17. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Well, back to day 0 again. I've broken twice since last night. Something needs to change in the way I'm approaching this, I'm just not sure what.