1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40 day fasting commitment, Feb 26 - April 5

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

@Looking4Freedom
    Hey!

Sorry I've been abscent the last 2 days, but I'm doing all right, have not fallen yet

It weird, like some part of me misses it, this is the longest I've been without PMO since like 5 years and there are days when I just think like "Today I'll fall I just know it" but I don't...I really think it's God helping me

2. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

I'll be praying too brother

LonelyStrength likes this.
  3. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

Last last Thursay that I went to confess; the priest told that in order to fight this, we just need to accept Jesus and he will take control

Tonight I was really thinking of falling, not anymore...in Christ I'm strong

Keep Praying! We've got this

4. Thanks. had to put myself down to fight it because it was so strong. I went to sleep. When I awoke the temptation subsided. Wondering if I'll face more more pulls like those. Can't worry about tomorrow, it has it's own worries. Have to focus on today, on Him again. Thank you for praying.

LonelyStrength and Tao Jones like this.
  5. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

Day 4.

Father God, thank you for this new weekend, I wanna keep praying for @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @1StP412, that you keeping us guiding us and helping us, I pray that you give us that escape when temptation come, help us to run away and not get stuck, I pray for our fasting and you help us stay true with your strength I pray for our families and what ever other situations we are in, be our shepherd and in Jesus name I pray amen.

If you guys have prayer request for any other things let me know and well pray for you!

Question for all, yesterday I noticed that I find it hard to focus and pay attention to the bible study, it hard for me to keep up and take away from the lesson also I don't understand the material and sit there dumb and lost makes me upset cause I cant keep up with everyone else, I don't know what i'm doing wrong or if I show no interest, but if you guys could pray about that for me I would appreciate it

Tao Jones likes this.
  6. skywalkersbo

skywalkersbo Fapstronaut

Hello, guys! I'm new to NoFap, and I'm going to join you in this 40 day fasting commitment. I'm going to read the bible and pray everyday, as well as abstaining from social networking (they are a trigger for the PMO cycle).

I really need to focus on getting rid of PMO. I ask you to pray for me, I'll pray for you as well.

1StP412 and Tao Jones like this.
  7. LonelyStrength

Thats awesome! Im happy your here! The bigger group we get, the more encouraging this becomes! you'll be in my prayers!

What book are you going to read in the bible?

skywalkersbo likes this.
  8. LonelyStrength

Day 5.

Father God, I thank you for this new day of worship, I pray for this new week coming up that we can all be productive and fulfilling, please keep @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @1StP412 @skywalkersbo in the palm of your hands God that you empower them to to stay pure and free of sexual immorality keep us strong, fill us us with your holy spirit to seek you and help us with our fasting that can resist the temptation and to keep us moving forward, in Jesus name I pray Amen.

I hope you guys have a great Sunday!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  9. LonelyStrength

I also want to challenge you to remember a verse, heres 2nd timothy chapter 1 verse 7... "For the spirit that God has given us does not make us timid, instead his spirit fills us with power, love, and self control"

1StP412 and Tao Jones like this.
  10. skywalkersbo

skywalkersbo Fapstronaut

I'm on a quest to read the complete bible this year. I'm now at Exodus. It's impressive how God cares about all the details in our lives!

Tao Jones and LonelyStrength like this.
  11. LonelyStrength

Thats awesome dude! Im planning on reading romans during the duration of the 40 days

skywalkersbo likes this.
  12. LonelyStrength

Day 6.

Father God, thank you for this new day , and thank you for this new week, I pray that you keep us productive and keep us aware when temptation comes, please watch us, and forgive us of our sins, in Jesus name I pray, amen

Guys , I had a cinnamon bun last night when I told myself I was going to stay away from sweets, I feel bad that I did so, and today I will start reading Acts and then go onto Romans !

skywalkersbo likes this.
  13. I'm sorry to say that I relapsed yesterday, on my 38th day. I feel like a disappointment. I set a simple goal not to hit that reset button but I have to now. Starting back at day 1. I should have fled a temptation rather than entertain it and provoke it more. I should have known better. Can't go back to change the past. Can't give up either. I have to press on again.

14. If we do not give up, we will experience breakthrough and find lasting freedom. Keep pressing forward.

Know better next time: You cannot give lust an inch, or it will take you for everything.

15. skywalkersbo

skywalkersbo Fapstronaut

LonelyStrength likes this.
  16. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

Definetely appreciate the honesty brother, and as you said it , the important thing is to press on again...we´re here for you

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  17. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

Welcome my brother! Good to have you, please pray for me...I have all of you in my prayers!

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  18. LonelyStrength

Noooooooo:emoji_cry::emoji_cry: thats sucks, I would have been pissed if i was in your position right now, Ill be praying for your recovery, keep going!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  19. LonelyStrength

God I wanna pray for @Looking4Freedom that you comfort him in this moment of stress and sadness, that you help him to recoup his faith and his act forgive him and keep him strong, in Jesus name I pray Amen

skywalkersbo and Deleted Account like this.
  20. LonelyStrength

Day 7.

Father God, I thank you for this Tuesday, thank you for another day to live, I pray that you watch over @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @1StP412 @skywalkersbo that you them peace and strength over their minds and bodies, comfort them and their families, forgive us of our sins and keep us diligent, in Jesus name I pray Amen