1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. @alpha.buddy !! - You have reached 90 days and are now a member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement! Congratulations and good luck in your nofap travels. :emoji_juggling::emoji_lifter::emoji_guitar:

2. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Well, shit!

The impressive thing is that you didn’t MO. I wish there was a different way to count days or something, because avoiding M is a huge achievement and it needs to be recognized!

I am shamelessly quoting others when I say that after 200+ Days of no PM a shift in attitude happens. I think we become a lot more honest and we begin to see what needs to chance in order to avoid PM. it sounds like something like that is happening with you as well...

I have no doubt you will bounce back more inspired than ever! Don’t be hard on yourself.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  3. alpha.buddy

alpha.buddy Fapstronaut

checking in on my 91st day of no PMO. Need to clear today to break my prior record of 91 days. Good luck to us all. Stay strong gents, stay focused! Again, props to my AP...thanks buddy!

4. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Congrats @alpha.buddy !!

Checking in 20 days today climbing back slowly after a 67 fall. But God is good and has helped me and strengthen me to make it up to here.

God bless you all!

5. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Today is an interesting day for me. It marks the first anniversary of my nofap attempts. I wanted to do 40 days without PM for lent but ended up going until late June. I then had a reset and started my current streak.

I recently looked at some of my early posts. It reminded me that a big part of me felt “this is stupid, I can’t give this up! It’s too much”. It took a long time for that attitude to shift, but it did!

today I feel proud of this achievement. I am also very grateful to this community for support and accountability. Most of all, I am humbled and inspired by teachings of Christ which led me to this point. A line from Matthew chapter 5 transformed my life. What could the rest of that terrifying chapter do if I put it into practice?

6. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Day 15 check in.

I knew I stayed up late last night so I went to bed quickly not wanting to make any mistakes. Then I had dreams I’d stumble across P and have to reset my counter. I kept seeing it from behind whatever had the P on it so no P in dream... just a feeling of stress that I had to get away from P and frustration I had to reset my counter.

I woke up and it took me a moment to realize it was just dreams and there was no counter reset. That’s much better lol.

1/2 day at a time. Just need to get through the day without doing something dumb. Every day I add to the streak is a little better than the last.

7. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

7 days at noon today. Good to have a week under my belt. Double digits will feel better though. Have a great day Gents!

8. Thanks man. I still feel pretty lousy about it but there's only one way to make it right.

artifact, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  9. You're an inspiration my friend. I am not a religious person myself but I am curious what the line from Matthew Ch. 5 is? If you'd rather not share, that's quite alright.

10. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Of course (although it’s more of a passage than a line):

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.” But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
    And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

The whole chapter is like that. It’s terrifying because if you actually commit to it, you really don’t know what portion of you will remain.

I would strongly recommend reading it in conjunction with chapter 3 of Tolstoy’s “my religion”:
    http://www.nonresistance.org/docs_pdf/Tolstoy/What_I_Believe.pdf

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Speaking of inspiration... in my nightmare I didn’t fap. Just looked at P and I was like “weird. I always fap to P. Guess I’m like @Raskolnikov II. That’s amazing“ then I was mad it was all one counter and I had to reset it LOL

12. Checking-in.

I relapsed after competing 1 week last time and ended up removing the counter for a few days after getting discouraged.

Since then I have made it to 8 days.

I don't know to be honest, let's see how far I go this time.

Good luck to everyone.

artifact and discovery like this.
  13. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Tuesday checkin. Not good over last week but back in the saddle....

GottaBFree likes this.
  14. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Please add me onto the waiting list. I've been neglectful but I'm ready to be more active.

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  15. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Don’t be a stranger and keep participating while you wait to become official again in my opinion.

—-

Check in. I think the next 2 days might be really tough. Trying to psych myself up to be ready for it. It’s not real and it will pass if I believe and stay committed.

artifact and discovery like this.
  16. Nicely done man. Stay strong and vigilant. Keep Going!

alpha.buddy and artifact like this.
  17. Thank you. I like that passage. I've thought for awhile now that if we could take our senses away (sight and touch especially), we'd have this thing beat.

Timber likes this.
  18. It will absolutely pass if you stay committed. You've got it.

artifact likes this.
  19. Yeah it's pretty weird. I always used to fap too but I have gotten pretty good at not edging or masturbating at all. Still haven't done that since mid July. I suppose that habit is fading. I aim to keep it that way and get back on track. Urges to look at P have been stronger the past few days which makes since considering the images are still fresh in my mind. It was such a stupid thing to do. Really really dumb.

Timber likes this.
  20. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut