1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Varicocele, do you have it?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Sunfl18, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Sunfl18

Sunfl18 New Fapstronaut

Hello! New here, I was diagnosed with Varicocele not to long ago. I've been an addict for more than 10 years. Now that I'm serious of no PMO I was diagnosed with this. Do you have it? If so how as you experience been? Have you gotten treatment (surgery or other)? Did you talk to a Urologist? Did they tell you why you got this? Thanks!

2. i dont know if i got it and i dont know if i should go to the doctor or wait 2-3 days to see if its just because im sick and still going through withdrawals of nofap.. as you see i reset again. i'll keep you updated

Sunfl18 likes this.
  3. I’ve had it my whole life, it hasn’t affected me much, other than I usually have to wear pretty snug underwear. It can also keep you from having children due to the heat from the excess blood killing sperm. A surgery can fix that.

Sunfl18 likes this.
  4. rgm

rgm Fapstronaut

I had a class 2 almost 3 one and had it surgically repaired. I'm not sure how it is right now or how much changed.
    I wasn't supposed to have sex for 2 weeks but I masturbated after a few days like a true fool so idk if that ruined it?
    Heard talk about how it can be caused by masturbation before, I'm not sure if it is. Also saw a few studies saying it MIGHT lower testosterone but then again I'm not sure if it does at all.
    Seen some people saying it disappeared after quitting PMO for a while though...

Sunfl18 likes this.
  5. it just happened. right now i went to piss and now i can clearly see my veins on my left testicle bulging out....i'll try to tell my father about it and go to a doctor.

6. so i went to the doctor and he gave me some info. he said i do have varicocele and i shouldnt worry about it. he told me that coughing affects it a lot (and lately ive been sick and ive been coughing pretty much for 2 weeks now) and also told me to avoid sitting/standing for long time and also avoid weight lifting / exercise until the pain is gone and the veins arent as visible anymore. last, he told me that if i keep having pain or a lot of discomfort then i could think of surgery.

7. SuperiorMan95

SuperiorMan95 Fapstronaut

I had it and got it surgically repaired. I did it mostly because of the negative effects it has on testosterone production. I still haven't had my T levels checked but then again it says that it takes up to one year to see the positive effects and for me it's only been like 6 months. I think like 20% of people have it.

Sunfl18 likes this.
  8. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I had it. Left testicle. Sadly i got surgery for it at 24. I regret it.