1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40 day fasting commitment, Feb 26 - April 5

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us and your patience despite our sin and wayward hearts. Thank you for @LonelyStrength. Bless him now and give him your strength and victory today through your Holy Spirit. May your love and presence be fresh to him today in Jesus' Name, Bless and keep his family. Amen

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  2. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

Thank you!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  3. Right now, brother, you are ahead of me ;-) I'm right behind you. Let's press ahead together with Jesus.

skywalkersbo likes this.
  4. LonelyStrength

Lets keep going the 40 days isn't over yet!

5. skywalkersbo

skywalkersbo Fapstronaut

Hi, guys! I hope you're well!

Thank you Lord for this day, for your love and for your forgiveness. I ask you Holy Spirit to always stay with @LonelyStrength @Looking4Freedom @Tao Jones and @1StP412 . May your comforting presence be felt by us, and please talk to us, we want to know you more. I pray in Jesus' name. Amem

1StP412 and LonelyStrength like this.
  6. LonelyStrength

Amen!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  7. I have not been keeping track very close, but I am abstaining from alcohol and sweets during this Lenten period. (I guess through the end of this month or so?) Still chugging along. Thanks for everyone's prayers! I am remembering you in prayer, too.

8. LonelyStrength

Day 8.

Father God, thank you for this new day, thank you for keeping us strong half way through the week, I pray that you keep us focus, keep us aware and on track of our goal to be free of sexual immorality, help us to pay attention on our fasting help us to stay true to our goals, and help us to be productive help us to be free and clear of temptation or obstacles that might make us fall, please watch over @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @skywalkersbo @1StP412 keep them safe and diligent, in Jesus name I pray Amen.

I wanna say I started reading Acts the other day, and Im a little lost but i just started, so hopefully as I get deeper into Acts Ill get a hold of it and understand whats going on!

I hope you guys are doing well if you guys have any dilemmas post the up!

9. LonelyStrength

Thats good to hear , be careful! I had a cinnamon bun once so far this period, it was there on the kitchen table annd I was hungry.. :emoji_expressionless:

skywalkersbo and Tao Jones like this.
  10. For a helpful book on Acts, I highly recommend "The Untold Story of the New Testament Church" by Frank Viola. Excellent historical treatment which remains faithful to the Scripture.

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  11. LonelyStrength

Day 9.

Hope you guys are doing well! Im still praying for you guys!

12. LonelyStrength

Day 10. 1/4 of the way there!!!

Father God Thank you for this friday and this coming weekend, I pray that you keep helping us ,@Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @skywalkersbo @1StP412 grant us the strength and desire to over come our selfs, help us to focus on ourself and build our character our emotions, actions or whatever it may be, to show your glory and for how you want us to be in the life , thank you for everything you have done for us we are forever grateful, In Jesus name I pray Amen.

I hope you are keeping strong and well, it is now 10 days!! time flies!! Im still keeping strong! Haven't had any temptations really, which is good.. Im still reading Acts and have been keeping busying with work and hanging out with friends which are great distractions for me.

Whats your guys status? whats been helping you get through this? Hope you guy have a great day!

13. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, sad to say that I had to reset my counter;

Felt pretty dissapointed at first but I really want to quit this so I won't let the fact that I fell consume me.

I've learned things that can tempt me and now I can avoid them, felt I let you down so sorry for that, but with the help of God and you guys I know I can beat this.

I'm feeling confident and good now that I have written this

14. skywalkersbo

skywalkersbo Fapstronaut

Hello, guys! Sorry that I was absent these days. I had a very busy week at work. I'm still being able to resist, and it's been a while since I stayed one week out of PMO. It feels really good, it seems that I'm taking control over my desires.

You guys are on my prayers everyday. Today I'll start reading Ephesians.

@1StP412 keep going! Our loving Father loves us no matter what! The closer we get to him, it gets less difficult to resist sin. We are all together on this, brother!

I hope you have an excellent weekend! God bless you all

Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.
  15. LonelyStrength

Daaaaannnnnngggggg.... Its all good, I feel for you, just keep going, sometimes our fall can be motivating to get back up, and Im glad you feel that way!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  16. LonelyStrength

Thats good to hear, Im happy your still here and keeping strong, Good luck with work and definitely get involved in the bible cause it will help to build up your faith and will help you get your mind off PMO, God bless you

skywalkersbo likes this.
  17. LonelyStrength

Day 11.

Hope you guys are doing well, you guys are still in my prayers!

skywalkersbo, 1StP412 and Tao Jones like this.
  18. LonelyStrength

Day 12.

Hope you guys are doing well this Sunday

Father God I keep pray that accompany @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @skywalkersbo @1StP412 for this coming week that you keep them strong and at peace, help them with their fasting as well have them harness their self control over their bodies, and I pray in Jesus Name, amen

Guys I wanna ask if you can keep me in Prayer, last night I had a super strong temptation that got me going crazy, but thank God I did not give in, You guys really are a blessing and do help me out a lot, this fellowship we have here is powerful and amazing so thank you guys.

skywalkersbo, 1StP412 and Tao Jones like this.
  19. Great to hear, @LonelyStrength . You are not alone in this!

I am standing firm on my commitment to no alcohol and no sugar. The disciple's life is one of routine periods of fasting. This is a good practice!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  20. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

hey guys, I'm new here and I'd like to join this 40 day fasting commitment too, I am inspired with a lot of things you guys wrote. Yesterday I felt really hopeless, I have been trying to stop PMO multiple times but always relapsed. However discovering Nofap and the active community around it gives me some courage. Please pray for me guys, I need al the help I can :(. Of course I'll be praying for everyone in this thread too.

skywalkersbo, Tao Jones and 1StP412 like this.