1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 Months since my breakup

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 2, 2020.

1. It’s been 7 months since I broke up with my ex being my first gf , after a 3.5 year committed relationship. I’m starting to taste the flavor of food again lol but still hoping to find a routine for myself One I can stick to with out breaking down or relapsing.

what are some positive things that helped you through your heartbreak(s)??

kaylee time likes this.
  2. kaylee time

kaylee time Fapstronaut

Ooof!! That’s a tough one haha. Replace one habit with another. Same with nofap. I think finding something else to fill your time to start with. And hopefully find something that is also fulfilling? I obviously don’t know the details of your life. If you’re wanting to move on and find another relationship. I personally love meeting new people. Making friends. Or even acquaintances. I enjoy going out to eat with friends. I feel like that’s the best common ground with most human beings haha. But I also take myself Out to eat quite a bit too. Mainly because of my work schedule. So I eat lunch by myself a lot. I’m working on trying as many food places in my town as I can. whatever you do, do something that brings you some sort of joy. Or peace. I know that’s tough as far as finding a new hobby. Or learning something new. Scrolling through the forum here and engaging in conversation is also a great way to spend time.

3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Be kind to yourself. 3.5 years is a long time, it'll take a long time to move on. Especially when she was your first, you are young (I presume), etc.

Last time I had a breakup I made the mistake of leaping straight into self improvement etc pushing myself hard in the gym. Actually I needed to take some time out, learn to enjoy myself without the company of my ex, etc. It lead to a pathetic attempt to get back with her. Oh well!

Protagonist likes this.