1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ridiculous Childhood Fears

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 4, 2020.

1. What was something you used to be afraid of as a child, but now you wonder why were you scared of it at all? Mine was zombies. I'd read Game Informer magazines since I was addicted to video-games back then and I'd avoid the pages with Dead Rising games. I'd even rip them out. I used to be terrified of them, but now, about 8 years later, I still can't figure out why I found them so scary. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2020
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Getting killed by an alien and replaced by a clone of myself... Saw some cheesy 80s horror movie when I was too young and I thought that was really going to happen (to me and everyone I know!) Lol

3. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

When I was 8 I saw the movie ‘Junior’ and for a short time when I had a stomach ache I thought i was pregnant

4. I don't want to make fun of you, but you were 8, your profile says "male" and you thought you were pregnant?

My god, that's hilarious. :D

5. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

Do you not know what the movie junior is about? I’m some might say the fear was ridiculous

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

The movie is about a man who gets pregnant

1E2A1A44-B262-418C-AB94-368F4748A815.jpeg

7. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

I’m laughing so hard at poster

8. Omg, I was so afraid of so many things as a kid. Mostly when it came to rides and movies. Two notable ones that make me laugh now were me absolutely refusing to go on Pirates of the Caribbean, even thought it meant having to sit off the ride by myself while everyone else went on it (I hated the feeling of dropping, and the tiny little drop at the start of the ride terrified me).

The most notable show that cracks me up now is LOST. I vividly remember being in my bedroom, feeling anxious just because I could hear my family watching LOST in the living room. It was the episode where they're chopping off Boone's leg, and I heard/saw just enough to understand what was happening, and it traumatized me. Lol I could not do any kind of violence in movies or TV.

I still don't like big drops on rides, and I still don't like a lot or gorey violence in films. I'm actually slightly anxious about going to Disney World for the first time soon, because I'm not familiar with the rides and I don't know how scary they'll be. So I guess I'm still a scaredy cat in many ways :/

9. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Spongebob and I have no clue why. It only lasted a few years. Great thread btw, OP.

10. Lol :p

For a little while I had a fear of being kidnapped because i saw an episode of Oprah that my mom waw watching that talked about a kidnapped kid.

11. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

Dogs used to terrify me. No idea why, I love them now.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Fapstronaut

Being home alone at night because I thought demons and ghost might come after me.

When my parents would be gone all day at a party and didnt come back until 5 or 6am I was too scared to leave my room, even to use the bathroom, so I would literally piss in the corner of my room.

13. I was similar, actually. I used to try to peek at the TV shows my parents were watching and sometimes, they'd be pretty violent. I saw a scene in this show that I didn't catch the name of where a kid hiding in a closet watching some guy murder his mom. I think it was CSI? Either way, I left pretty disturbed. I saw at least two other violent scenes in other works as a kid and it took me a bit to get over both. :p

I also used to hate loud noises. I don't entirely remember who was with me, but when I used to live in Chicago over a decade ago, we went to Rainforest Cafe that had this mechanical gorilla that would make loud noises every once in a while. I hated the gorilla. :emoji_sweat_smile: But I can think of plenty more examples. I only wonder why I was such a scaredy cat.

14. Thanks. Thought it might be fun. :p

And Spongebob, eh? I can't remember anything from the show that freaked me out, but I did have this old Spongebob game as a kid that was supposed to improve your typing skills and the game's introduction decided to be funny by dramatically describing what happens if you use poor "typing habits" or something. It made a loud noise and showed this picture of Spongebob looking real... messed up. It freaked me out. I actually didn't touch the game since.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  15. See, that's normal, a fear of kidnapping. Most of the rest of y'all, including me, are weird. :p

16. Well, raccoons can be scared of dogs, so... :emoji_smile:

Gorgewalker likes this.
  17. ...I'm guessing that habit didn't last long. They had to have smelled it, right?

18. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Fapstronaut

Lasted for 2 years, luckily they didnt party often. Weirdly enough I dont recall that area ever smelling or atleast they never noticed.