1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on women with better job careers than men

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Coco99, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

What are your thoughts, When a girl you view is attractive and want to date but find out that she makes more money and has a better career than you? Are you intimidated by her power? Does it take a hit to your confidence?

Leashed4good and Kligor like this.
  2. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Ooh it depends from person to person,but in my opinion no.
    If i m honest and man of his word-and in most part i m i will not feel myself inferior.
    Everyone is different.

onceaking, Deleted Account and Coco99 like this.
  3. Boost

Boost Fapstronaut

The things that my gf is better at than me are areas she helps me grow in and shows me perspectives I wouldn't see on my own. Even if my ego didn't like it, screw him he's an ass.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Meh, not really. Personally I like some ambition in women. It makes them more interesting.

5. Nope and nope.

MLMVSS, Deleted Account and Coco99 like this.
  6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Not at all. I’m a modern man and open minded. I’m not some neanderthal from the 1940’s. Besides, the more money in the relationship the better. If you end up marrying this girl, you’re locked in for a nice comfortable life where you don’t have to stress about money. Win/win.

MLMVSS, Deleted Account and Coco99 like this.
  7. I find it normal and in fact I shall support her. But there should be understanding between both partners!

8. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Whatever. The only problem I'd have with it is a slight insecurity about wether she's 100% okay with it and can respect my life choices. However if she couldn't live with it or acted as if that made me somehow worse person, I'd be obviously out of that relationship asap. But I'd assume that's not a valid concern with most succesful women. I've heard they have already problems with dating so getting picky over this kind of thing would make dating very difficult for them.

9. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

That's what I kinda thought too. Some women who have rewarding jobs do have a harder time with relationships.

10. I'm pleasantly surprised by the responses in this thread. Well done, gentlemen.

MLMVSS, Coco99 and Kligor like this.
  11. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

Me too. I mean I make a decent amount, but if she is making lets say 20k or more above me. I feel like it will be a power struggle within the house. Unless of course I compensate in other ways where I'm extremely good with house chores and etc.

12. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

No, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm OK with a woman having a good job.

onceaking likes this.
  13. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

But don't you look at it like you kind of lose the. "man of the house". Its almost like you have to be perfect in other things in life, such as cooking, other house chores.

14. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

I probably wouldn't have a serious relationship with any woman making more than me only because likelihood is she'd be occupied a lot of the time meaning not only would we have trouble developing our own relationship, but it would be nigh impossible to have kids. If by some miracle she makes more than me *and* works lax enough hours for neither of those things to be a problem I'd have no issue.

Although I worry that it appears many high-earning women *do* see it as an issue, and only seek to marry men near/above their level.

15. Exit the Matrix

Exit the Matrix Fapstronaut

Of course it takes a hit in my confidence and here is why.

A woman earning more than me questions my masculinity. If anything it will greatly motivate me to earn more, not for her but for myself.

Biologically... weather you believe it or not...women are submissive, and men are dominant. A woman looks up to a man that has power and prowess in his life. Women do not want to feel like they are men in any relationship, they want a man with dominance in all areas of his life. A woman wants a man that other men look up to, and other women want.

She can earn $100k a year...but you better be earning more than that or the same. College graduation rates for men have greatly decreased over the years ever since the METOO movement. The importance of a man's success in this world has diminished because of the media, and all the media cherishes is the success of women and there is no balance anymore...kinda seems like the world does not value men anymore which can be a good explanation as to why the success of men as a gender has stagnated and turning into a negative spiral.

So how do you as a man keep up with the increase of success in females ? Start taking things a little bit more seriously in your life and move yourself up. The trend of males doing horrendous over the past decade will not diminish anytime soon and only become worse. This is an interpretation based on statistics.

If you think i'm being misogynistic...then I'm sorry you think that.

Gorgewalker likes this.
  16. While I get what you’re saying @Exit the Matrix, I don’t entirely agree with your conclusions. Yes, women like men who are decisive and confident. A man can be this within a relationship even though his wife makes more money. Your conclusions that unless a leader makes more money then they are incapable of being an optimal leader doesn’t fall within the realm of reality when it comes to leadership. There are plenty of leaders, even of nations, who make less than their citizens. This fact does not make them a poor leader just like how the opposite wouldn’t make them the best leader.

Leadership is based on love, wisdom, humility, prudence, justice, responsibility, and mercy. All of these can be accomplished by men within a relationship regardless of what they make financially and all women, who have common sense, would agree that such as man who practices those virtues is a leader in their eyes.

In the end you’re associating mans worth with their financial success and that is just as dangerous as not encouraging men to be successful.

17. Exit the Matrix

Exit the Matrix Fapstronaut

I suggest you to check out the blog called "the rational male."

18. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

My ex was a business executive and well due to my insecurity I made it an issue. I got annoyed with her for firing an employee because I felt I could relate to the more so. On time she cancelled a date with me because I was being unreasonable angry at her and that was when I realised if I kept getting mad about her job I would destroy the relationship so I buried all my irritation because I wanted the relationship to work.

She didn't actually care that I earned less than her. Her ex's earned more than her and they didn't make her happy.

19. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’d have no problem with that, as long as she didn’t mind dating a guy that makes less money. I work my ass off every day for somewhat moderate income, so if that’s not good enough for her, then she’s not worth my time. I think if people are hard working and passionate about what they do, it shouldn’t matter how much income they yield.

20. Sounds like an alpha/beta blog.

Contrary to impressions you might be perceiving, I’m very much a pro patriarchal model within a relationship between men and woman. What I disagree with is your definition that a successful male is a financially successful male, when financial success does not equal: good leader, masculine man, or ethical person. Further more the difference in the two salaries does not indicate an imbalance of power unless you are insecure or she is insecure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2020
    Exit the Matrix likes this.