1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 60 - From Insecure Guy to Dating 4 Girls at a time!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Zapster21, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Powerous

Powerous Fapstronaut

Did you experience the benefits straight after?

2. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

@Powerous Yes, something just clicked, so from one day to the next I felt very different. However, as I progress my mood goes a bit up and down. So progress is not linear. Part of the human experience I guess ;)

Powerous likes this.
  3. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

Yes, unfortunately. I feel better temporarily when i force myself to exercise +1H a day (hiking, running, cycling, swimming), but it gets really hard to force yourself to do what's good for you, when just waking up and taking a shower, eating seems too hard to do. Depression is a bitch! It's hard to describe it... Robbie Williams came close when he wrote: "I don't wanna die, but I ain't keen on living either." That's how I've been feeling for the last 200 days.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  4. I've been in this phase in my reboot. I used to go play soccer or basketball till I'm tired. My body made me feel like I'm close to healing or getting out of the flatline for even SECONDS. Then I sometimes went to pmo in frustration once in a while and get right back on a streak. The fact of the matter is your brain in rewiring process especially on a good streak, everything become a burden to do. After reading other long rebooters post, TIME is what really get you cured from brain fog. Meanwhile I found walking in the sunlight at least 45mn helps, healthy eating, a lot of proteins including fish, cold showers, being social and lot of good sleep. These positive habits help you temporarily as your brain stop everything due to rebooting.

Fenix Rising likes this.
  5. Retroreal

Retroreal New Fapstronaut

Guys, I have been in your shoes, experiencing flat line, the bi polar ups and downs, lack if confidence, boost in confidence, etc.

All I can say is keep it real, affirm to yourselves what you want to be! the following quotes were inspiring to me:
    “You are what you think”
    “If you think you can, then you will”
    “Ask and it will be given”
    And a lot more!
    If you sit on your couch waiting for things to happen they will never, I promise you that.
    Be active, not passive.
    Remember, survival is for the fittest, only the strong will thrive!
    Mans grratest burden is unfulfilled potential, lets fulfill ours.

Best of luck to All,

6. Powerous

Powerous Fapstronaut

That is crazy bro. Maybe try some supplements and meditation. I found that 5-HTP supplements help a lot. Melatonin helps too.
    Also binaural beats music helps as well.

I find it hard to believe that after 200 days you still don't feel any benefits of NoFap...

I am on Day 25 and I have been a heavy PMO addict past 10+ years and I am feeling some benefits already.

7. Powerous

Powerous Fapstronaut

That is sweet. Keep going bro

8. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

I'm taking Omega-3, 5-HTP, Vitamin B complex, D3, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium supplements. I'll see how it goes.

9. entername

entername Fapstronaut

"So after I had sex two times (without ejaculation), I feel a drop in both my confidence and general mood. So I think I have to be really careful about having real sex again."

so im just starting my journey, made this account an hour ago. This post is very encouraging but im concerned about the drop in confidence and mood after sex. is this something that will happen after every time i have sex or is it just an anomaly???

10. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

This can happen. Because sex is very similar to PMO. However in the long run it's so much better than a temporary drop in confidence and mood :)

drkarim likes this.

11. Hi: An observation regarding the latter:
    "So after I had sex two times (without ejaculation), I feel a drop in both my confidence and general mood. So I think I have to be really careful about having real sex again."

This even happens to people who are not addicted to anything. It is very normal seems to be according to what I was investigating. It is called POST COITAL DYSFORIA. It usually happens to women more than men. However, there are cases of men who feel it too. Of 10 cases, two cases are men who feel it (Postcoital dysphoria)

It seems that this post-coital dysphoria does not have much to do with your old habits. There are even people who have confessed to me this symptom and are not addicted to PMO at all.

Do not worry about it.

12. [QUOTE = "Zapster21, publicación: 2162920, miembro: 132896"] Esto puede suceder. Porque el sexo es muy similar a la PMO. Sin embargo, a la larga, es mucho mejor que una caída temporal de la confianza y el estado de ánimo :)[/ QUOTE]

Es normal, incluso le sucede a personas que no son adictas a la PMO.
    Otro comentario: no digas que PMO ES IGUAL AL SEXO. Absolutamente. El sexo es una experiencia muy diferente de la PMO. De esto se trata este viejo foro.

13. [QUOTE = "Zapster21, publicación: 2162920, miembro: 132896"] Esto puede suceder. Porque el sexo es muy similar a la PMO. Sin embargo, a la larga, es mucho mejor que una caída temporal de la confianza y el estado de ánimo :)[/ QUOTE]

Es normal, incluso le sucede a personas que no son adictas a la PMO.
    Otro comentario: no digas que PMO ES IGUAL AL SEXO. Absolutamente. El sexo es una experiencia muy diferente de la PMO. De esto se trata este foro.

14. i did 1.5 years and didnt date anything. female attraction is bs pseudoscinece. jfl if you believe OP's bs. he is probably a good looking guy and he doesnt know it

15. i did 1.5 years and didnt date anything. female attraction is bs pseudoscinece. jfl if you believe OP's bs. he is probably a good looking guy and he doesnt know it

16. Self-Conquest

Self-Conquest Fapstronaut

Nice Supplements.
    These same supplements benefitted me greatly and serve as a baseline for mood & concentration.

In another post you where also talking about the hiking, running that you do, that's great. One tip. Some people can overtrain themselves when doing 1h of sports everyday, so it could be that you are overdoing it. I normally leave one day in between for recovery.

Do you also try weight training. This one in comparison to running, hiking really increases testosterona, which gives you other benefits that could releave some of the depressive symptoms.

Other great mental + cognition boosters you should really give a try are:
    - wim hof method. research it online, it's really powerfull. I do the cold showers and the deep breathing exercises. It's increases your vagus nerve activity (also research that one). It's a nerve that runs all the way through your body and when it's not functioning properly it leads to chronic depression amongst others.
    - increase heart coherance by performing specific breathing exercises (when you do this before meditating, the meditation part will be more succesfull)
    - in my case i also was allergic to gluten and milk (these where really blocking me from going out of depression and lifting my brain fog). You can try if this is also applicable to you by leaving them out completely for 2 months individually and see if they decrease symptoms.
    - meditation (non-judgement of the stream of your thoughts, non-attachment to your ego’s rumination about the past and future, and non-resistance to the feelings that come up with your body)
    - stretching & yoga. we are often pretty stiff in the muscles and joints. This prevents optimal energy flow thoughout the body and thus the ability to feel as good as possible
    - train your concentration muscle gradually by focussing on one thing at a time while performing all your daily activities. Do each thing you do slowly, deliberately and fully before moving to another activity. Bring attention back gently when it deviates (without judging yourself for not being able to concentrate constantly). You might think this is not powerfull, but it is actually one of the most powerfull things you can do to declutter your head, be more productive, be more present with other people and emphatize with them. Girls also like this ability from a guy, that he is mindfull in conversations. This whole thing is actually the same thing you train when meditating, but then it's during the day.

i hope this will be helpfull for you

17. Imwithyoum8

Imwithyoum8 Fapstronaut

18. nirav2696

nirav2696 Fapstronaut

Very right brother I like your thinking

19. DGZ

DGZ Fapstronaut

How is your social life with friends? Are you attempting to date women?

20. Amends25

Amends25 Fapstronaut