1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on women with better job careers than men

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Coco99, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

This is what I meant by you have to compensate in other ways by being a leader in Cooking/taking on other roles within the house to kind of make of for the lack

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I am married to a woman who makes significantly more money than me. In fact, I gave up my own career so that I could live with her and support her career when she had to relocate. I am currently studying as a mature student and not earning at all, apart from a little private tuition here and there.

I didn't consider it a problem for me. While men on average earn a little more than women, once one factors in the social class of your parents such differences are negligible - daughter of rich parents are likely to earn far more than a son of poor parents, for example. And the 'glass ceiling' for women varies according to career choice (same for men).

Her parents absolutely hate me though, and think that she has made a terrible mistake marrying 'beneath' herself. I've had a few catty remarks from other women, too, about how she has to 'look after' me (as though I were a child), etc. It's got worse since we had a child (she is on maternity leave), too.

But ultimately you have to do what is right for you as a couple, and understand that people will judge you based on what they want, rather than what is right for you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

That's a good attitude! If you guys love each other enough, money shouldn't be that big of a deal. Sorry that you've had to listen to other people bitch about it though. I guess some people just don't have enough content in their own lives to keep their noses out of other people's business.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

My wife works, and probably makes a tad more than I do.

The only bad thing is those with higher incomes tend to be busier and more occupied with their jobs, leading to a bogged-up work-life balance. That goes for both women and men. To make huge amounts of money you’d have to give up on family.

That’s the reason I wouldn’t like being with someone with a higher income. If I had to live life as a bachelor because we’re only together for a few minutes a day, then I wouldn’t want that. It’s nothing to do with my ego (which is still big and I’m proud of it) or women being powerful, but it’s everything to do with time.

5. I started a successful business, and while I wasn't making more than my husband overall, I was making about the same, and far more per hour.

It worked out really well for us, because eventually he was able to leave his job and come work with me full time. So now we both own the business together and we get to work together every day. ^_^ it's been a great blessing for our relationship.

onceaking likes this.
  6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Depends on how huge amounts we are talking about. The richest people can automatize huge portions of their income. But I suppose it's fair enough to assume that none of us are all too likely to end up dating someone that rich. :D