1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question: What are the best self-improvement books you read?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by - Turning, Mar 6, 2020.

1. - Turning

- Turning Fapstronaut

I'm very interested in self improvement and I want to read a couple of books about this. Which books do you recommend for a beginner on this subject?
    Turning

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

3. I particularly don't like self-help. But there are a couple books that hit me in a tough spot. First and best recommendation is "Can't hurt me" by David Goggins, another one i would recommend is the biography of malcolm x and finally "Man's search for meaning" by Viktor Frankl. These aren't self-help per se, but they did more for me than any other book i read. Also if you want something more conventional on self help a good book is "Search inside yourself" and similar books on psychoanalisis. Good luck!

Edit: Also there are fiction books that get deeper than any self help book, the smarter and greater people in the world wrote stories that aren't real, but share their point of view and the lessons they learned during their life.

- Turning likes this.
  4. - Turning

- Turning Fapstronaut

Firstly, thank you very much! I've heard a lot of those books! I'm going to check them soon. An hour ago I bought a Dutch Non-Fiction bestseller from Rutger Bregman. He creates a new view on humans. Very interesting! Thanks!

Edit: I'm also reading fiction. I would suggest 'The Kite Runner' from Khaled Hosseini. A beautiful story of friendship.
    - Turning

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Async150 likes this.
  5. iwillchange97

iwillchange97 Fapstronaut

Any books by Dr. Aziz Gazipura. Excellent books on building confidence and overcoming social anxiety.

- Turning likes this.
  6. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Read ''The power of habbit''.
    I found to be interesting, helpful and an easy read

- Turning likes this.
  7. - Turning

- Turning Fapstronaut

I wrote about a lot of books about habits, for instance atomic habits. Definately going to check one out soon!