1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

anybody else watches cartoons ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 8, 2020.

do u think cartoons are helpful in fighting pmo urges ?

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. not sure but will give it a try.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. if yes then which ? i love to watch scooby doo cartoons and movies and also the cartoon series of Tintin.
    though there are certain cartoons which are very adult in nature, i think most cartoons are really wholesome and can definitely keep ur mind off pmo and help during urges.
    any thoughts ?

brilliantidiot and Submariner like this.
  2. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

I love Southpark. It's my favorite television show. The perfect mix of satire, rudeless humor, world news / political themes and animation.

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Love cartoons... no matter how old I get.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  4. Gambler Kaiji

Gambler Kaiji Fapstronaut

Have been an avid fan of cartoons and animation in general since I was a kid. Find it difficult to get into modern western shows, but have a big catalog of classics on my pc I can turn to in bad times. Samurai jack, Dexter’s lab, seasons 1-3 of spongebob, Tom and jerry, and a bunch of looney tunes episodes. If it’s a piece of media you like, and can give it your full attention, it can most certainly help keep you away from the harmful stimuli of adult life.

5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I still enjoy old cartoons, even kid's. The main qualifications for me to watch are good music/animation style. CGI cartoons are crap imo.

6. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

Yup.
    Oggy and cockroaches.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I sometimes watch pokemon for the nostalgia. I mostly watch adult cartoons now like Family guy or American dad. Rick and Morty is my new favorite.

I'm not sure if watching cartoons will help you reboot, but at the very least they can serve as a distraction. Just make sure you get up and do something when the urges come.

8. For me, it does nothing to help with NoFap. But, oh yes, I love cartoons! Unfortunately, I find it hard to find ones that make me laugh.

9. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

BoJack Horseman reminds me about the dangers of addiction and the toll it will have on your life. It's really fucking good.

Protagonist and CLaYFiRC like this.
  10. Overapple

Overapple Fapstronaut

Totally I love them, I wanted to make cartoons since I was 10. Didn’t end up on that career path but I still draw and animate for fun. Cartoons are amazing especially the ones the ones made by people passionate about story telling. Avatar The Last Air Bender, Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack, Troll Hunters. there so much good stuff Old and new mixed in with the cash grab garbage.

11. Veryodd

Veryodd Fapstronaut

I watch them always for the nostalgia, especially Tom and Jerry and other kid`s

12. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

Huge fan of the smurf. But the original comics.

13. Goku9000

Goku9000 Fapstronaut

Only watch Japanese cartoons haha :p

cr7da8055 likes this.
  14. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Does anime count?

cr7da8055 and amaranth like this.
  15. Goku9000

Goku9000 Fapstronaut

A fellow weeb, I salute thee :D

cr7da8055, One Eyed Owl and amaranth like this.
  16. I do.
    Pink Panther, The Inspector, Ed Bois and Sylvester, Daffy, Bugs, Ralph, Wile E Coyote etc.
    I watch them almost on a weekly basis again and again and yet again.

17. Classics!

18. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

19. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Yessir ! Lucky Luke, Tintin, Totally spies , Animes, DCAU ...

20. Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade Fapstronaut

Anime is great but in nofap can be a huge trigger for some.

jk243 likes this.