1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you were me

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 10, 2020.

1. I am 28, unemployed, unqualified and living with a parent. I suffer from very bad anxiety and fatigue. Because of this, I am limited to what work I can do.

I tried going back to school but I had to leave because I couldn't attend enough classes, I never get to see anyone and spend most of my time locked away by myself.

I was on medication for 7 years or so, however I located this as the potential issue behind my fatigue however 30 days on and I am not seeing much if any improvement.

I don't want to die but I feel like I've been stuck here for a while now and I don't want to go into my thirties in the same boat.

I have applied for a couple of jobs I think I could do, I've ordered some books about increasing energy levels, I’m redoing NoFap too see if that helps me but if anyone else has any suggestions on how I can move forward with my life, I’d be grateful.

Christoph108 likes this.
  2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Read more books, limit screen time, go more outside. If you have no school/work, it seems to me you could at least walk 1 hour every day outside. Eat more healthy. 3 fruits everyday, besides your normal meals. Try cold showering, journaling and gratefulness. Ban ALL junk food and snacks. Limit alcohol to one beer/wine a day.

However, you can only add habits to your life one by one. If you do it all at the same time and you fail at one habit, you drop the rest also. By focussing on one at a time, you can really hang on to it.

RobbyGo36, Christoph108 and bluemax4 like this.
  3. Thanks, I already eat healthy. I don't usually exercise because I usually feel tired afterwards but maybe I've overdone it before. I will try going for an hours walk daily and see if that helps, I'll give the journaling a go as well.

Christoph108 likes this.
  4. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

Hi, @blumax4 don't give up on challenges in life. There are a lot of ways to get out of the dark. You can try online therapy/counseling they can help bring back the best in you.

RobbyGo36 and Christoph108 like this.
  5. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

I agree with @ItsSeal and @Inloverber and want to add that you're not alone. There are many many cases like yours nowadays and it's more of a global problem. Also try to realize that we're all just part of a thin biofilm on a little rock flying through space.

6. Burning star

Burning star Fapstronaut

Listen, just keep doing nofap we here all here these fapstronauts all these youtubers are not lying you will see the benefits just don’t quit even if you would die don’t quit. You may have now withdrawals and you should pop a champagne coz your brain is changing physiologically. You are recovering Just trust us your life will become amazing. Don’t let your adversity get you on knees. Wish you huge success

bluemax4 likes this.
  7. T-1000

T-1000 Fapstronaut

Start small, obviously you're here so you're starting with NoFap. Start trying to walk daily, graduate to running if you can afford some cheap trainers...trust me you'll get use to it pretty quickly, you just put some headphones in and zone out. Maybe after that, graduate to adding in some body weight exercises like pull ups and push ups, can literally do those on a playground. Maybe try going to a gym or martial art classes, or sport classes whatever you're interested in...some form of social engagement. Avoid alcohol & drugs, eat clean, take some multi vitamins, write down some goals and work toward them. 28 is still young, my friend got involved in his first relationship at 27-28 which was only a few years ago and I just got back from his wedding last weekend...you can change, if you believe it and stay positive. You will set backs, it's not going to happen overnight but before you know if, you'll be 50 so no time is better than now.

RobbyGo36 and bluemax4 like this.
  8. Thanks for the replies. I am going to start doing some exercise, however I just want to keep it light at the moment, as I've had some problems with it aggravating my fatigue levels before, despite being in decent shape already. I think it's a residue effect from the medication I was on.

9. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Man , talk to a doctor.

10. I already did, but they couldn't find anything wrong with me medically and they tried to help me with my fatigue & anxiety my putting me on a sedative medication which only made things worse.

palindromo likes this.
  11. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Can i ask you what kind of medication did you get for 7 years? What disease did you have?

12. They put me on Mirtazapine, it didn't really help with the anxiety but I got hooked on it, as it's essentially a sleeping tablet. I have decided I will see another doctor as my current one might be missing something.

RobbyGo36 and palindromo like this.
  13. Burning star

Burning star Fapstronaut

Dude stop meeting doctors they are all same you just need to live a life and don’t quit your nofap journey. Stop finding doctors you will get worse trust me. I have been there too. I have had even physical problems like flu and muscle cramps and such many problems. Spent huge money for nothing it was coming all from my brain. It’s better to realize that earlier than realize it too late like me. Just keep living and keep going on your streak.

bluemax4 likes this.
  14. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Good approach , if you did not have fatigue problems as a child it is right to suspect something and a doctor can help you.
    If you did have fatigue problems sinse early age , there 're some methabolic disease that match with with fatigue , also in this case a doctor can help you.

A doctor can be wrong but Don't lose faith in medicine!

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  15. Burning star

Burning star Fapstronaut

Sexual stimuli is the strongest stimuli in human’s body and when there’s a problem like watching excessive P and MO you will find a huge chemical unbalance in your body and brain. it affects everything your mind your soul your even your physical health everything. That’s 2+2=4 and nofap is the cure

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  16. I didn't have any issues with my health when I was a kid. Most of this started happening around the time I started PMO which is one of my main motivators for trying NoFap to see if it helps improve my health.

palindromo likes this.
  17. Finalito

Finalito Fapstronaut

Hey @bluemax4,

I'll try to give you another perspective.

What a wonderful situation you find yourself in. Yes, wonderful. You read this correctly. You are free to do just about anything. There is nothing tying you down where you are. You don't have professional obligations or a family. If your parent is relatively healthy, then they can live without you in the house.

There are so many things you can do all over the world for which you don't need any money or education and which will give you a purpose in life, room and board and a way to help others (and you'll find that in the process you will also help yourself).

Now if you don't want to start with a big change, have a look what is available in your local community. However, if you are unhappy with your current life, then maybe a bigger change is required.

There are plenty of religious retreats and local volunteering options all over the place. I've spent a better part of the last decade travelling and I've visited many such places where they would be happy to have me for months if not years and all the food and space I need would be provided.

If you want, you can PM me your interests and general location and I can let you know where to look for good opportunities.

Believe it or not, to me, your situation sounds as a great opportunity. Not being tied anywhere is extremely liberating.

Where I am in life, I have loans, professional responsibilities to clients, a family for which I have to care for and a dog.

If I was you, I'd go. If you'll be happy with your life, anxiety and fatigue will improve on their own.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    bluemax4 likes this.
  18. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

Watch the meditation related videos by Dr. K at HealthyGamerGG.

bluemax4 likes this.
  19. I know what you're saying and I agree. However I really feel I need to sort my health out first as I've had these issues for years now and I'm seeing little to no improvement.

20. So far I've booked an appointment with a new doctor and started walking. I'm not sure if I have something medically wrong with me such as medication withdrawal or if this is a side effect of depression (however I don't feel particularly depressed, just frustrated at my lack of energy.) Hopefully, I can figure it out soon so I can get back to living a good life.