1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Harvey Weinstein jailed for 23 years

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by mcp19, Mar 11, 2020.

1. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

I get that the guy is guilty of wrongdoing etc. but what is point of '23 years' in prison. His life is over now anyway. All what these women really want is compensation in the form of money as 'justice' even though they are already mentally 'scarred'

Watanabe likes this.
  2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

They want compensation in the form of justice, not money. I'm proud of every woman who was too scared to come out for it but still did it. It also gives proof that there is still no real equality between women and men if so many women didnt feel safe to speak out.

3. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

I bet there are a ton of women wishing for a payout though thinking prison is just not enough. Of course the women are victims and are suffering from a major ordeal, I get that completely. It's just impossible to ever say men and women are equal or not equal in terms of this and that because you would have to measure it for sure somehow on a global scale that works where everybody can agree and say 'right, we're equal now'. Impossible.

4. I think this shows what can happen if you don't tackle your demons. Harvey was probably just as troubled as many of us here, but acted on his fantasies rather than dealing with them. He's lost it all and with his health as it is, will probably never be able to redeem himself.

Ghost79 and mcp19 like this.
  5. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

He won’t last long in prison.

Di.Do.555 and Deleted Account like this.
  6. A lot of them didn't feel like anyone would believe them because of all the women out there who are falsely accusing men of rape. Yeah, you're right, there isn't true equality in the west. Everyone's out there's fighting for women when they have more privileges than men.

Metis07 likes this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

What makes you think all they want is a payout? Did any of them tell you that or do you just make stuff up as you go along? :p

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. I'm pretty sure that the women who testified got offered money Harvey's legal team not to take it to court. The just want justice for the crimes he committed against them.

9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

The criminal justuce system of USA is one based on punishing the guilty. As such 23 years in jail seems fitting. However in my opinion a justice system based on rehabiliation and compensation whenever possible might be better. Would Harvey have gotten the same punishment even in a rehabiliative justice system? Maybe. I don't know. I'm not a professional. But I think the most important thing here is that justice was served.

10. Wow... what an incredibly ignorant and insensitive post. Putting mentally "scarred" in quotes, as if it's a lie? Congratulations on having a good enough life that you apparently have no idea what those women must be feeling.

This guy 100% deserves 23 years in prison. He has earned every single one of them. You really want to sit here and judge the victims? That's the take you want to voice on this situation? You don't even know them, or what they want. You think they haven't been through hell? You think they haven't been attacked by the media, had their stories laughed at and mocked, or callously dismissed, over and over an over again? Do you have any idea what that would feel like? Like being violated all over again, so you stay silent. And when you finally have the courage to speak up, and people finally listen and take it seriously, and you're finally getting justice, you still have to deal with idiots on the internet who say all you want is money, "I know he did something wrong, BUT....", is 23 years really necessary, blah blah blah.

You say all of this was punishment enough for Harvey. Do you not see the fact that this whole situation has punished his victims several times over as well? You have absolutely zero clue what it's like to have to deal with such a delicate and, yes, mentally and emotionally scarring situation publicly, with this much publicity. I would be willing to bet his victims have almost as many haters as he does, and they didn't even do anything wrong. If they had to go through this much crap just to be heard, then you better believe his ass deserves to be in prison.

This post sickens me. Please think before you open your mouth on a subject you clearly know nothing about. And yes, I'm confident in saying that, because if you had any idea what these women have gone through, you wouldn't have this opinion. Go watch some freaking law and order SVU or something. Maybe you will have some more sympathy and understanding of what victims go through.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
    Gmork likes this.
  11. I bet there are. And I would be fine with that. They've likely been harassed during this entire ordeal, maybe even as much as Harvey has been. That isn't going to stop and go away just because he's in prison now. If anything it could get worse, from his supporters. If they think they deserve some kind of financial compensation for the trouble they've gone through, I would support that. People have been compensated for far less valid reasons.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  12. rexoo_o1

rexoo_o1 Fapstronaut

Typical case of "You reap what you sow".
    I guess he deserved this.

13. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

I'm not perfect but maybe you have some underlying issue you need to tackle writing a reply that long winded. If this post sickens you then go away

14. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

And then you write a more thoughtful reply

15. Yeah, I'm the one with issues for having sympathy for sexual assault victims. Makes perfect sense.

Keep reaching, dear.

16. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

There are other posts, dear. Go fetch.

17. I can't get over the absurdity of people who post on a public forum, and then get their panties in a bunch when someone replies to it and doesn't agree with them. :rolleyes:

18. greenmtnboy

greenmtnboy Fapstronaut

He was always really unhealthy and gross. I don't know how people like that become VIPs; but Epstein also had a knack for controlling people and money, breaking all the rules and eventually the long arm of justice caught them.

And you look at the Rogan interview with Matt Taibbi, and it becomes clear that what Epstein was running had nothing to do with hedge funds, but was getting lots of dirty money from VIPs and using it for human trafficking and probably blackmail.

19. mcp19

mcp19 Fapstronaut

Your choice of emoticon is the mark of an utter moron.