1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we really be that worried about this coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mistersofty, Feb 26, 2020.

1. What I wonder is if you can survive viral pneumonia without fancy hospital equipment (since pneumonia is a possible symptom of the virus and hospitals could get undersupplied).

2. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

One of the hospital near my house found a positive case. The news says he may have infected 55 people but the whole town is not wearing the masks yet...

3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Actually, Hank, masks are ineffective at protecting you from this virus. Frequent and thorough handwashing for at least 20 seconds, also social distancing are recommended. If possible, avoid large crowds of people. Best wishes my friend. :)

Espi1971, Hank Pym, vxlccm and 2 others like this.
  4. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Freaky, @Hank Pym. Best of luck to everyone!

Ju@n and Hank Pym like this.
  5. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

This thing is really dangerous because of it's exponential growth (40% increase per day). Mortality rate is not so bad (0.1-0.4%) IF health system hold on. Death rate becomes scary high (around 5 %) if health system gets overwhelmed. We have 4 % women and 7 % death rate in Italy because health system's capacities were overrun. 50-70 % of people will most probably get infected it's just a matter how fast. We have to prolong infection period as much as possible. That's why self isolation is so important.

This is literally race against time. A lot of people will die if we fail:
    [​IMG]