1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling of loneliness , getting heavier ..

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Defytheodds, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

I'm feeling lonelier more than ever, to get you on track, I'm 27y.o I never had a girlfriend! I never dated a girl, kissed out of love or felt the connection between me and a girl, grow into a romantic one and get attached...the only action I had with girls is 4 or 5 years ago while being drunk ...(kissed, felt women body, the V.. Bbs, no penetration) after that nothin...(I'm a virgin)
    I'm on nofap for about 40ish days (loneliness makes urges harder n harder), I've been working out, learning and rebuilding myself in all the possible areas, but when it comes to girls, I'm stuck!
    I get looks on the street and all, but I'm inexperienced, I know how it feels to screw up cause you used the wrong words, or the feeling when I talk to a girl and get this childish sensation and she loses interest ...
    I don't know what to do ... I'm on a way better shape, I look ok even if I'm bald but that's ok with me kinda (not all girls like a bald guy and I look older but i got a nice beard), and I'm not stupid, I get the signs (some of them), I can be funny and all... But my true self never comes out at first, it takes time for me to establish that vibe with girls, I get shy and nice:/...and end up giving the wrong impression.
    I got lots of energy contained, that I feel the need to release, I'm over PMO, i want new sensations ..
    i need your advice, maybe a plan to overcome my shyness, loneliness and improve my game ...

palindromo and angelpart like this.
  2. LonelyKu

LonelyKu Fapstronaut

Maybe change the way you look at it?
    There are a ton of women out there so just spend time practicing, I think I might actually fear women but hiding under a blanket won't help. It can be difficult but try to view each opportunity as a chance to practice and learn and then when you meet the right one you'll have the tools to actually progress further

Defytheodds likes this.
  3. angelpart

angelpart Fapstronaut

I don't have any advice for you... because I'm in the same boat.
    Personally I try to be myself as much as possible, but I can't say it's worked well so far. *shrugs*

Defytheodds likes this.
  4. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

I guess , i'll just have to try and fail, until i get it right x)

5. LonelyKu

LonelyKu Fapstronaut

It's not failing, it's success training :)

Defytheodds and CaptainFranklin like this.
  6. pankeas

pankeas Fapstronaut

Being lonely is something new for me. I was with my ex for six and a half years, and she broke up with me about a month ago. To make matters worse, I'm away from home right now because I am in the military. So I am away from my family and friends. It's hard because I want to talk to women and move on from my ex, but I love her still. My main focus has been trying to focus on myself and become a better person for myself. I believe that with time the right girl will come along. So my advice to you is to try to have that same mindset and just have patience.

Defytheodds likes this.
  7. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

Thanks, i hope you'll get over her! that's what I'm trying to do, work on myself, but i always feel the need of a girl, to share stuff with ! i hope i'll get to that one day , i don't feel ready , but i won't know until i try ...

pankeas likes this.
  8. pankeas

pankeas Fapstronaut

Thanks! Its not always easy, but don't worry the right girl is out there.

Defytheodds and かずか like this.
  9. PIEDSufferer

PIEDSufferer Fapstronaut

So..... you had an experience with a woman while drunk, yes? Have you thought about what that means? I know you saw that in a negative way (no sex). But see the positives: You kissed her, felt her body, etc..... It means she was obviously ATTRACTED to you. Right? And not only that, but you also mention that you get looks on the street. Again, that means you’re ATTRACTIVE.

Now, I’m in a different boat than you because I’ve been in a lot of serious relationships. BUT, you know what I have learned? I have learned that all the stereotypical things that we think women like..... THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW! Because each woman is so vastly unique from another that there is just no way to know for sure what they will be attracted to. What one woman finds “childish,” another woman may see as “fun, energetic, and outgoing.” One woman may see you as a boring nerd, while another one will see you as intelligent and sexy. Or the opposite..... A tall, handsome, and strong man might get a few more phone numbers, but not from the women who can see that he might be too full of himself, and might treat her like shit! See my point?

Anyways, the main thing to realize is our brains tend to insert details into unknowns. Most things in life are unknown. But we plug answers into those unknowns, and we tend to think negatively about ourselves. So when we get nervous about talking to women, it’s usually because we go into it assuming we’re already losers. We go in assuming that they will find something they don’t like about us. And by doing that, we become our own worst enemies. Whenever you are placed in a situation of talking to a woman, be mindful and aware of what thoughts you’re having. If your thoughts are negative, challenge those thoughts. Use logic to challenge the negativity by realizing that the positive is equally likely. That’s the key. And always realize that probability is in your favor that there are women out there who are looking for someone exactly like you! And when you’re talking to someone, try to stay out of your head. Just be yourself and don’t assume what they like. Present the world with your true self. Because there’s no way to mess that up. If you try to false advertise yourself, sooner or later you will fall hard. If you put up an act that’s not genuine, what will happen if you get serious with someone? Are you always going to put up that act? Potentially for the rest of your life? Confidence is never about trying to be a certain person. Confidence is about being truly happy with yourself, regardless of who you are. You have something to offer a woman. We all do!

10. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

Man your words hit deep, thank you so much for this, i want to hug you :)
    I'll save your message on my desktop, and go back to it whenever I'm in doubt!
    THANK YOU!:emoji_hearts:

PIEDSufferer likes this.
  11. PIEDSufferer

PIEDSufferer Fapstronaut

You’re very welcome, brother! Keep looking up, and stay positive!

12. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I'm in a similar situation as you are (and I'm almost 32 years old btw) but these days, I don't suffer from it, complain about it or dwell on it the way I used to, despite being in the exact same position only a few years ago.
    Today, my sense of neediness for a woman or romantic relationship is gone and not an essential for me any longer but rather a bonus. Simply because I have developed other interests and view-points ever since, plus most millennial girls/women these days are spoilt, entitled and have very little to offer a man , nevertheless a masculine/normal man who can stand his ground, doesn't need sex from her to survive and doesn't seek her approval or company.
    Keep in mind that it is always we men who are the catch nowadays, not the women and the more entitled women out there who get to hear this message the better, because that's the only way they will want to improve themselves and act lady-like. Because after all, they are much more needing of a romantic relationship than men are. Of course, some responsibility lies on us men too, to stand up for ourselves and not comply and accept all of their little needs and wishes.

What has helped me along the way is not only an improvement in diet (with little processed foods, fast carbs and added sugars), a re-establishment of my relationships and social connections after I moved back to my home-city (with family and friends nearby) but also the development and definition of a greater purpose and goal in life because when you have a great goal and purpose in life to shoot for, your life as a man becomes very worthwhile, stimulating, and meaningful every single day.
    Also, reading a lot has widened my perspective, especially the reading of self-help books and some philosophy (stoicism in particular). These will give you a direction and path in life and make you see things from different viewpoints.
    I am averaging one book per week nowadays and it feels great reading most of them, expanding my knowledge, vocabulary, perspective and point of views.

ares72, palindromo and Defytheodds like this.
  13. HornyChang

HornyChang Fapstronaut

You gotta start loving yourself. The reason you are shy is because you don't love yourself. Women love guys who are confident and dont need a women. Men who are completely happy with themselves are attractive. Women are attracted when you can be your trueself without worrying about anything.

So how do you do this? Start loving yourself. Believe you are the sexiest guy out there even with your flaws. Its not about being egotisitcal with it. Its about feeling that love feeling within yourself. How you are awesome. Once you truly love yourself, theres no need to worry about what to say because you are awesome. Thats when you can say whatever you want with confidence. Even if you get rejected, it doesnt matter cause at the end of the day you have you. This is the best baseline you can do for yourself. Theres a few technicallites when it comes to seducing women but once you love yourself you are 90% there. Because when you love yourself you exude your true personality when you talk to girls because you feel so good, you feel complete and who ever connects with that will connect with you. Its also a numbers game really, the more girls you talk the higher chance of you connecting with someone. If you talk to a girl once a month. Its a pretty low chance.

angelpart and Defytheodds like this.
  14. Boris_Britva

Boris_Britva Fapstronaut

Hi!)
    I just want to apologize for my English (I will use Google translator :))
    Somewhere in 25 years, I would be in a similar situation, like you.
    For a long time I tried to understand what was wrong with me, why I couldn’t get contact with the girl.
    And so, what I did, I just stopped looking at the girls as a sexual object.
    The girl should interest you as a person, you should have common hobbies, etc.
    At the same time, I stopped playing PC-games, and bought a bicycle for sports.
    Later I met on the Internet a girl who also loved to ride a bicycle...

now she is my wife =)

I am sure everything will be fine with you, if you stopped masturbating, this is already a sign of a strong person.

Defytheodds likes this.
  15. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

I really like your perspective, I agree on what u said ! i recently took a decision to start reading books, i never did much reading in my life (2books or 3 max) , so i gathered some books i find interesting about psychology and human behavior, just because I want to understand myself and the humans better , so I wish to read 1/week but I don't know to proceed :D ! i gotta keep progressing in all areas on my life, I'm doing a good job physically (workout/martial arts) but nothing mentally and spiritually so i'll do the things right this time!
    cheers mate !

Angus McGyver likes this.
  16. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

It's true , I've been uncomfortable most of my life due to my heavy pilosity since a young age , which got worse when i became bald also at young age :) ... the thing is i accepted it and it thought me some stuff, i only started feeling love for myself recently, cause I was harsh to myself past years ... due to some events that happened to me.
    Let me tell you that i didn't socialize for a long time , i only started going out for school and the gym recently, before i was home every day... but i need to grow some balls man , there are so many girls out there that i would like both physically and mentally, i gotta go out and approach girls !

17. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

Daang bro! Really happy for you !!! i hope you guys live happy forever :emoji_hearts:!
    thanks man, there is always hope, it will definitely happen!

18. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

My other post is small but gets the idea across.