1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the internet be slowly shutdown as a result of coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Anonymous86, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

What do you think? Be honest, will it?

2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

No. The internet is one of the most important foundation for our welfare. Governments will do everything in their power to keep it fully operational. Honestly, I do not think you should worry about this. However, I live in the Netherlands so it could be different in other countries.

Taylor25 likes this.
  3. The Internet is very resilient against failure of some of its parts not to mention the fact that servers routers etc are happy to run without human intervention. So no.

4. It's not like the internet is a single computer waiting to be shut by a random failure. We're talking about a ton of servers, infrastructure, ocean cables, data providers, etc... Unfortunately things got more centralized over time, but still not enough to rise worries. Aside from our internet, there's still China's intranet, which is hella big, and we also have other things like Tor, I2P, GNUnet...

Being realistic, a problem that you might face is your internet provider failing to repair some problem and leaving you without connection, but even that is unlikely if your provider uses fiber.

5. Nope. Although I see lots of companies are stressing the IT department with remote connections to work servers from home. The lot working in centers that provide the internet to whole regions are similarly making sure everything is top notch in this period.

Telecommunications are critical in this situation. Including for the vaccine research and sharing. And news. Free news hopefully, screw you google! YouTube announcing they are facing trouble which is a lie and they will freely delete a crap ton of videos as a result.

TV is dying because it's full of propaganda and other lies. The majority of people are tuning in to internet news like single organization honest news stations on the internet. This is not going away anytime soon despite how much they want to abolish it.

6. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Scary times, indeed.

7. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

If the society falls, internet will be one of the last parts standing. But seriously this isn't the first pandemic ever, nor will it be the last. It might paralyze us for a moment, but I view total breakdown as being extremely unlikely.

8. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

9. Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade Fapstronaut

Why would the internet go down? I think it would be the opposite more people are gonna be using the internet. Unless, your talking about overflow bandwidth issues so far I haven't felt any difference.

Anonymous86 likes this.
  10. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

That, yes.

11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

The internet might be slower but I don't think it will shutdown.