1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For those trying to eat healthy and kick junk food here are some tips

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 7, 2020.

1. For those wanting to get healthy I know it can be tough, but there are solutions I discovered when I became healthy and kicked bad food all together.
    1. Only keep healthy food in the house, temptation is a lot less likely to arise if you have nothing bad in the house.

2. You need a tasty substitute, I don’t believe you can keep a perfect healthy diet without having a substitute, something tasty that will satisfy your cravings, and I am not talking about having junk food as said substitute. For me I used a couple things, 1. Milk, 2. Kombucha, 3. Healthy snacks. With these at my disposal I never felt the need to eat bad because they were delicious enough to satisfy me, so find something healthy you can get lots of to keep your sweet tooth satisfied.
    I could go on but I don’t have the time at the moment so enjoy these tips that 100% work.

Address007, tedy26 and Cypher123 like this.
  2. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

What if you live with people who buy junk food?

BravelyKegger likes this.
  3. Don’t eat it than, if it’s not yours don’t touch it is my philosophy, tell them you are trying to become healthy and you would appreciate it if they kept it away from you, that is the only real solution besides will power. The interesting thing about becoming healthy is the more you do it and the less junk you eat the less and less you’ll want bad food, you’ll start getting snobby about it you could say, junk food will start looking repulsive to you, when you get to that point it won’t matter what is in the house because it transforms your mind and way of thinking, I saw this same thing happen to a friend who I helped get healthy.

Cypher123 likes this.
  4. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

I've been trying that i even wrote on paper "i will not eat junk food" and put paper somewhere visible but it seems like my urge for junk is just out of control

5. That is why you need a substitute, I promise it works.

Cypher123 likes this.
  6. Emileo Delcarme

Emileo Delcarme Fapstronaut

Junk food triggers dopamine just as pmo does. Maybe not as bad but close. What you could also try is imagine the poor people all over the world who doesn't even have a slice of bread or water to drink. How lucky we are that we can have a meal everyday when there are people who's starving everyday. We so self obsessed that we just want more and more and more, while there are people who's praying for a few grains of rice.

I know this might be a bit off topic but be grateful if you even have the means to even eat healthy. Be thankful for vegetables, fruits, nuts, eggs, rice, water and all the things nature has provided for us. This is what our body needs to function at optimal levels.

Address007 and Cypher123 like this.
  7. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

Kefir is my healthy substitute. It's too delicious! I have to be careful though with it since I do Keto.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  8. Keeping a good mindset like that is important but not effective in the long run, you have to have substitutes.