1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I overcame my fear of approaching girls (2years NoFap)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ayanaambe115

ayanaambe115 Fapstronaut

Inspiring, thumbs up! and Happy birthday :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_birthday:

Zeeshaan and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I think I lost sight of some of the big picture stuff in the last few years. Sure I've made improvements and I'm happy to have made changes. But I have somewhat forgotten the end game and transformation I wanted.

That was inspiring, thank you for the timely reminder and sharing your story.

Gmork and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Patillitas

Patillitas Fapstronaut

It really inspires me. The tittle is true. I found too many phrases that I would like to say in the future when I'll tell my history. That's an amazing proccess, and we're so happy to realised that IT'S POSSIBLE!
    This phrases are incredible, so preccises:
    - My relationship to fear has changed. I no longer see fear as something to run away from, but as a friend that can make me grow. Getting out of my comfort zone is a pleasure.
    - The truth is, the other side of fear is freedom
    - Your thoughts don't define you. There's the inner you, and your thoughts.

Congrats for your transformation, and thanks for shared it with us, you really got transfer us the motivation that we need. Ahhhh I also felt that inner voice, and mine is also strong; I CAN DO IT, not only this, whatever what I want.
    I have always KNOW, but I am going to keep in this trip stronger than before. Stronger than ever! Thanks @Shivy490

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Acknowledging this is very brave. It means that you are already in a process of personal development. You can be proud of that.
    And sometimes taking breaks allows you to reconnect with yourself and look back to see how far you've come.

5. I'm glad I could bring you so much energy and inspiration! And yes, anything is possible. It's a process that hurts because you learn so much about yourself, you mess up and it's completely normal.

But the fucking pleasure of knowing that you're moving towards your dreams... No matter the failures, no matter the criticism, it's priceless.

I am convinced that this process of personal development allows one to discover oneself. Going out of your comfort zone and acting in spite of fear is the best learning experience you can have. By making efforts, we end up discovering who we really are, deep down. And when you know who you are, you can finally live freely. Without having to prove anything.
    Many people only see the results. But this goal is the most important thing for me after 2 years of work.

Keep moving, you'll get there!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2020
    yugowolf1991 likes this.
  6. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Awesome, thank you! I am so glad I found your post. It is really inspiring. Wish you all the best!

7. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Absolutely makes sense, at a certain point we can just remember where we came from and find inspiration in that. Big change is definitely possible. All the best man!

8. Vbnm457

Vbnm457 New Fapstronaut

I feel like i can also do it

9. sure you can

10. Amends25

Amends25 Fapstronaut

Really inspiring...thats a huge change...
    And u are right we have similar goals so its best to take similar steps and see what wrks best

11. Yes it was really hard but worth it. We only have one life. Thanks !

12. Hck

Hck Fapstronaut

Thanks dude this is really inspiring, it's 3 days no pmo, I believe I will also share my experience 2 years down the line as being free.. this was really timely especially for me thanks bro

13. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

What good is it if you just can't stick to one girl because of your super-excited state?
    But whatever, congratulations man.

14. i don't go out and talk to attractive girls because of a feeling of not having enough or because of my "super-excited state". I take action because I love myself :)

If I'd gotten together with the first girl, I wouldn't be happy because I wouldn't have really chosen her. That's what most men do, because they don't pick up girls. But in my opinion, it's a mistake. They don't really care deeply for the girl they're in a relationship with. They like the image they project when they're with her.
    Before getting into a relationship, you have to know yourself. That's the main lesson I've learned.

Honestly, unless I meet an incredible girl who really suits me, I plan to continue this process of going out and talking to attractive girls.

And thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2020
    Zeeshaan likes this.
  15. nirav2696

nirav2696 Fapstronaut

Very right brother, I like your thinking.

16. nirav2696

nirav2696 Fapstronaut

Congratulations for Long streak.

17. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

You helped me remember something extremely important.
    ! ▬ Thank you ▬ !

Amends25 and Deleted Account like this.
  18. It means a ton, thank you man. May i ask you what this thing is ? :)

19. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

I almost beat my lower self some time ago. I attribute to how furious I was at the very thing that drove me to a dark place.
    suicide and shit

As I progressed my learnings about the inner workings of the mind, the intellect made me suppress a few traits I considered unworthy at the time.

It happens that this rage can work both like obstacle and weapon. This commitment to bettering oneself you described, alongside a certain video I watched recently on Dharma, helped me realise focused Wrath is the path for becoming unstuck. That I must not get ahead of myself.