1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Counting the Cost of PMO

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by zilean, Apr 14, 2020.

1. zilean

zilean Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone, I'm (a dude) ready to kick the can in a more organized way than just "avoiding" doing it. Below is my bio about how I finally got to this point in life:

It began in 5th or 6th grade, about age 11-12 and has followed me many many years till now at age 23.

I grew up in a Christian home without father, who left before i was born. I found the Lord at a young age at 6 and committed my life to Christ, and loved to follow him.

Once this shackle attached itself to me, I was truly serving two masters. I desired all my life to be freed from this hinderance. I faithfully continue walking with the Lord to this day, but the reality of what that means only began to start hitting.

Self Control. I have thought that I had been exhibiting this fruit of the spirit, i was easily angered as a kid when an injustice was done to me in a game, but grew out of that stage. But it has been in these past couple of years that I realized that I lack self-control in denying my self the temporal pleasures of PMO and choosing life that can be had abundantly.

For a while I was focused on modifying my behavior while neglecting the heart and reason for these things. My anxiety to engage with girls after being told not to have a girlfriend till I graduate college. My longing to be in an intitmate relationship with another while my friends all began to move that direction (as much a middle schooler could do). Wishing I could just be held by someone.

And so, I begin my documented NoFap Journey on April 14, 2020 to have daily checkins and just have a place to write out what I have been feeling and the healing that can come.

2. | Nico |

| Nico | Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Welcome to nofap brother, best of luck on your journey to freedom, anything we can assist you with let us know :)

zilean, desmondmiles and Coffee Candy like this.
  3. Castawaycasualty

Castawaycasualty Fapstronaut

Let it all here man, there are people listening and hearing your words... and weve all been in similar situations and many here will have great advice for you... Best of luck homie!

4. Welcome to the forums... :)

zilean likes this.
  5. Jerry120

Jerry120 Fapstronaut

You write very well! Keep up the fight and you will succeed! See you around!

zilean likes this.
  6. zilean

zilean Fapstronaut

Thank you for your welcome!

thanks dude! I hope that I too will be able to help others through my story and presence.

Thanks man!

Thank you for your compliment! I find i'm a better writer than I am a in-the-moment speaker. Something about taking time to put to words to make sure I communicate what I intend gives me relief.

Coffee Candy and | Nico | like this.
  7. Hey, welcome to the NoFap community
    : )
    It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!
    First let me go ahead and drop some helpful links for you:

Getting Started Guide / Forum Rules / How to Use the NoFap forums/ Glossary/ NoFap Panic button /
    Set up your day counter /
    Rebooting Resources/
    Accountability groups (new!) /
    About NoFap/ Support Nofap
    Here is just some advice:

First and foremost please take a careful look at each section in the forum, there may be something(s) you will find to be of big help to you.
    Secondly I advise you to be active on your profile(as there a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then begin posting frequent status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement.
    The forum has got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see.
    People will find your profile and give you support.

There’s a portion of people who love communicating in the profile section..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive conversations. It would be great to have you join in and become part of the team!
    We support others in the threads, profile posts, and journals/reboot logs.
    Once you receive some support, please be sure and be grateful to the member for the help/support you received and consider giving some in return to anyone you wish.

Thirdly, you should highly consider creating a public journal/reboot log (in the appropriate section for you) to write about your days in depth for us members to follow along on your journey and offer support to you on.

Please start your journal in the correct section and with that, also try your best to post in the correct sections as it is mandatory and would be helpful to the mods who organize the forum. : )

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

zilean likes this.
  8. zilean

zilean Fapstronaut

Thank you Coffee Candy! I look forward to the community that is available here to help and giving back to encourage others in their journey

Coffee Candy likes this.