1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

ways to discipline yourself!?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by intodust, May 23, 2015.

1. intodust

intodust Fapstronaut

what are the ways to discipline yourself!? suggest something guys!?

2. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Hi industhegreat,

In my opinion the best you can do is to set up short routines that you repeat every day at a set time. Write everything down on a visible piece of paper. For example, decide you are going to wake up at 6am and go to bed at 10pm every day. If you can do this for a week, you can add tasks to your routines (cleaning, cooking, reading... all up to you). Do NOT try to maintain a routine with too many tasks straight away, otherwise you are going to feel overwhelmed and give up.

3. cold showers
    push ups, treadmill endurance
    meditation
    diet
    daily journal
    practicing musical instrument

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  4. Cold showers help. It's a great example of "fulfillment over pleasure" and "commitment over indulgence", it's a pain-in-the-ass when you step into the shower, but after awhile you'll get used to it, and after you step out you will feel refreshed, energized and awesome!

Try working out. You don't need to go to the gym, you don't need fancy equipment. Commit yourself to doing a set of push-ups (or any exercise) everyday, go run a mile everyday, it will form a good mindset because it's hard to stay committed as a beginner. If you like it, I recommend that you take a step further and research a little about working out, you can inbox me as well.

Start a journal and write in it everyday, helps too. Can be about anything in life or everything in life, whatever helps. But all in all, JUST DO IT. Good luck! :p

Deleted Account and intodust like this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

After a cold shower you'll get used to it. After you step out you will feel refreshed, energized, awesome and your dick will shrivel up so small you cannot masturbate, lol! :p
    Seriously, Kallosthenos, you 'practice what you preach' with all your comments here. Check out his journal guys!

6. intodust

intodust Fapstronaut

Thx

7. atmatm23

atmatm23 Fapstronaut

Cold showers. I agree with written things down on paper. List a few things you want to get done in that particular day. Get them done! Remember success is doing a bunch of small things right. Just remember to take your time, stay relaxed, and if you get stressed take a deep breath and bang out some push-ups.

8. Rashed

Rashed Guest

Separating happiness from Dreams

Misunderstanding of the word "Dreams" Dreams won't bring you happiness :
    Dream is a big word and we think by attaining our dreams we will be happy .
    Everyone has a dream it could be a little child who's dreaming or a guy in his 80s and the list goes on.
    But here's what I'm trying to point out
    That alot of us including me misunderstood that tiny little part that is called happiness when we actually start chasing our dreams or working for it etc.
    We have that idea that we can't be happy in the moment but we can be happy when our dreams become a reality.
    And when we get there were not happy because we thought that dreams could bring us happiness and we get shocked when we're there as a result we get depressed and some of us commit suicide because of that misunderstanding.

The separation
    From now on I want you to separate Dreams from happiness because this is the reality even if your dreams became a reality you won't be happy I'm really sorry in fact because of that idea that not being happy now but be happy then you may not be able to accomplish your goals or dreams you'll quit that's from what I've faced literally going all out and in the middle of the way I stop and feel empty not happy and then all that negative thoughts that you didn't choose the right path and you made a mistake by choosing it things could happen for you like having a job that you hate and feel lost and live a miserable life.

Conclusion
    If you are not happy now you'll never be happy even if you're dreams became a reality because dreams are in the future eventually they'll be in the now and guess what you're not going to be happy because you're not happy now you didn't learn to be satisfied and be happy in the moment

1 tool will help you to be happy in the now.
    1. Satisfaction
    Yes satisfaction no matter what bad situation you're into financially Terminal illness,Homeless etc.
    If you're satisfied with what you have that's happiness.
    But that doesn't mean you don't work hard or you sit and do nothing you'll have to work hard and chase you're dreams and be happy now satisfaction you don't need anything else.
    Rashed Aldosari
    Tell me what you think:) and good luck with your journey

intodust likes this.