1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kyrtap, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Kyrtap

Kyrtap Fapstronaut

For the last couple of years I tried to find my hobby/passion but even if I liked doing something it would only last for couple of hours/days and after that I didn't have motivation to do that anymore. Is it because I didn't found it yet or cause of addiction my dopamine's level is screwed up and I don't get enough pleasure doing those hobbies?

2. Same but I’ve never thought it was my addiction and I still don’t. But perhaps it is for you, I hope you find it and can stick to it. I think

3. Baerle

Baerle Fapstronaut

I have that, too.
    My guess would be that the reward/work-quotient for actual stuff in the real world is way lower than it is for pmo. We are accostumed so much to short term gratification that it's hard to stick to something that doesn't immediately reward us. But that's just a guess. I think it's normal to have a motivation low after the initial enthusiasm has vanished.
    In my case I have depression and it's one of the symptoms, so I see the reason for my lack of motivation in my illness.

4. Kyrtap

Kyrtap Fapstronaut

For now i will stick to couple of hobbies that I liked doing but never had motivation to do them. I plan to do this for like month or 2 and see how I feel about them.

5. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I feel uninterested in most of the things in the world, but when it comes down to my hobby(talking of a certain one), I just don't feel like giving it up no matter what. I've been doing this for almost 3 years now and i still don't feel bored exhausted of it.

It all comes down to why you're devoting your time to this particular thing.