Anyone take cold showers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Shrekernator, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Shrekernator

Shrekernator Fapstronaut

Anyone here take cold showers? Just wondering cuz ever since I’ve started NoFap, I’ve been on a path of challenging myself and trying out new things.

2. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

You should post this one in self improvement you'll get more replies (It's definetly not off topic). However cold showers are one of the greatest things to do. When you start them it will reduce your urges and make you feel much better, it also has alot of more benefits to your body. Even if it feels hard don't give up on these. Start in moderation with multiple techniques like a little bit colder and then try to go as cold as you can.. Good luck!

3. Start slow. And do not overdo it. It's a great tool, but isn't the be all end all. So be sensible and enjoy it's benefits.

4. Dunamis_42

Dunamis_42 Fapstronaut

Yes i do and there is so many benefits you can get from cold showers.

I have only been doing it for 4 days and I have already noticed three benefits which is improved willpower, better hair and better skin.

Willpower is crucial if you want to suceed at nofap!

Good luck man :)

5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I'm a big wimp, so I am aiming for 'cool' showers at the moment with a cold rinse down right at the end. Honestly I don't know how anyone can stand a truly cold shower long enough to have a decent wash. If you can, you're a greater man than me!

Dunamis_42 likes this.
  6. Dunamis_42

Dunamis_42 Fapstronaut

It will be tough in the beginning but over time you will be more and more used to it and the water will feel less cold:)

fredisthebes likes this.
  7. getbetter73

getbetter73 Fapstronaut

Yeah I was taking them every day for a while. I probably should get back to that, but now I do them a couple times a week. With time, you'll get better at dealing with the cold. It will always be cold, and that first initial jolt will always be there when you get in, but really after the initial jolt it's not as bad.

8. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

i have yeah. i dont like them because it doesn't clean my skin well and sometimes i produce an odor after. otherwise its a great way to wake up.

9. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

I take a cold shower first thing every morning. It's a great reminder for me to stick to my new habits, as well as learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. There is also plenty of health benefits to cold showers.

10. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Everyday, 24/7. I always take a nice fresh cold shower ;)

11. StonePlacidity

StonePlacidity Fapstronaut

For me, I used to take cold showers for a few weeks, but then I realised that I just want showering to be relaxing. Hot shower doesn't really trigger me and it is a great way of relaxing. I guess each person has their own way then.

12. aparihaary

aparihaary New Fapstronaut