1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have I screwed myself up? Nofap Opinions...

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Hey everyone. I am posting this because I feel some times that I may have screwed myself over with one of my best friends.

Long story short I met this woman online and she is a cam performer from a website. I started talking with her since last October. Our relationship is almost like were soulmates though. Unfortunately she is from Japan and I'm living in the States. At first we were like casual friends and texted every other day pretty much. Fast forward a months later we are texting every single day especially with just talking on voice mail. She cares allot about me and she was awake because I forgot to message her while I was at work this past Sunday. She didn't go to sleep until I messaged her back during my lunch hour.

To be honest we are a friends with benefits kind of relationship. I'm just wondering if I have really been screwing up my streaks with this? I'm not sure weather to count it as a relapse when I'm with her or take it as appropriate sex and continue on with my streak?

Yes I do understand her line of work and that she talks to many different people on the internet from her "work". I told her a while back I was starting dating websites and she honestly even told me she was jealous.

To be honest ladies and gentleman I am proud of this friendship and I believe I will be seeing her in the future. I am just wondering if this is screwing me up on coming back to her?

2. Irishman13

Irishman13 Fapstronaut

Hi,

Are you paying that person in any way ?

She is living in Japan and you like her very much ? As soon as it’s possible, book a flight to Japan to visit her. Life is too short to waste your time messaging people you can meet.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. One line of advice...

Never consider someone you simply interacted with online to be a soulmate!

I mean they can or can't be showing you what you want to see. You know, it's easy enough on online places.

How? I mean do you MO to her voice, or fantasy? From what I read, it doesn't seem to be the case.

4. Definitely not paying her in anyway right now unless I was on the site I met her from. But I am taking a hiatus from it and hopefully stopping it permanently. My friend I am definitely going to. I have some money issues right now and along with work. Whenever that is cleared up I believe I’ll be going to visit her.

5. It’s from video call so it’s almost as if we’re seeing each other in real life but still camera. I guess I screwed up saying soulmate a bit. But we talk as if we are if that makes any sense. She keeps saying she hears my voice in her ears after her naps and it’s happened for a 2nd time already witch is extremely weird.

6. Well take my advice for what it is...

I too was sold on to the idea that I had found my soulmate. I mean, we were just perfect together. It was so empowering. And then she left.

I am still not recovered. I suppose I never will. Something broke inside me. As long as she doesn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt, do not fall into the trap. Only time will tell whether she's gonna be the one for you. The reason is simple... People lie, not to you, but to themselves too. And shit happens. And if you are sold on to the idea, you will never become whole again. It's just such a mistake to think it's all figured out.

It's my opinion from experience. So take it with a grain of salt.

Deleted Account likes this.

7. I'll take a cup of salt from it. I've fallen into the trap as well in the past to be honest. I had some relationships online and one that lasted two years. It would of kept going but I wasn't man enough to get myself out to travel as I was dealing with depression at the time and a mental brake down from work trying to quit. I don't understand how woman move on so easily. I am still hurt a little bit but I realized I had to let her go. She has a current boyfriend and a baby from being stupid. That baby was born on my birthday and she had no thought about that from being my birthday or a coincidence that it happened.

My mind is still in a dark place about that but I have to let it go. I understand your saying my friend.

8. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

Are you okay with her showing her naked body to hundreds and thousands of men online? That's something you're going to need to consider in the future. Just saying, woman think a lot differently than men and we can't try to put them in a box of logic. They move on fast because in life the woman is the one who is chased, and the man is the chaser, it's biological. They can change extremely quickly. One moment you're pouring your heart out to this online woman and the next she is gone, just be careful. Wishing you the best

youngandsuffering likes this.