1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do when a girl rejects you

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Thanks man, i should read this book one day.
    What you just said is so interesting and sums up my whole post and even more. Thank you for that. Some people don't understand what I'm saying in this post. "moving on" doesn't mean anyhting. That's not enough, guys. How you react to rejection and even any other situation in your everyday life is the most important thing.

It happened to all of us. We all got rejected by a girl and let our egos get the better of us. We said things we regretted afterwards. By doing that, we hurt the girl, and that girl certainly had a harder time rejecting other guys in a respectful way without ignoring them for fear of reliving that situation. But more importantly, we hurt ourselves. We know it was anger or sadness that made us say those things. This encounter could have been something fulfilling and could have been a way for us to grow out of it. Even without a love story with that girl.
    We chose the other path. The easier path. But the most painful. We lost our way in doing so.

Let's put our pride aside and act like men. A man doesn't let rejection get him down. He remains true to himself in spite of rejection. Even if he is in pain or someone hurts him, he remains true to his values. Because it is simply the right thing to do. It's harder, I'll grant you that. He found this girl attractive and he liked who she was. He embraces it and he respects her decision. It takes a lot of self-work. But it brings fulfillment, a high value, and the feeling of knowing yourself and controlling your life. You show this girl all these strengths and she'll be less afraid to tell the truth to other guys, even if it hurts.

Just because you get rejected doesn't mean you should do nothing and run away from the situation. You link rejection to something negative. There's something to be gained from every situation no matter what.
    We become aware of the value of rejection only when we experience it hundreds of times.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
    RaXaZ likes this.
  2. SirWanksalot

SirWanksalot Fapstronaut

Beautifully said in your post.
    The only thing I would add on with is the part I quoted. Even though I think you already know that.
    It may be harder in the beginning when you are still finding your values, refining them and begin to truly embody and integrate them more and more.

And the more often you experience how much better and fulfilling it feels to stay true to your values, the easier and easier it gets. It becomes a no-brainer to stay true to them even if it hurts. Because the feeling of pain and fulfillment can coexist in your body even in the same moment.
    Just like pain and feeling inauthentic/unaligned/without integegrity and fake can coexist at the same time.
    Once you experience that first hand a couple of times it becomes very easy to go for one over the other.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I definitely agree. In the beginning, we take action to repair a lack of self-confidence and get results. So we're making a lot of mistakes.
    Thanks for adding this man :)

4. I get what you mean and this is interesting.
    However, I like girls, not out of need, but out of love. I like to spend time and have deep and intense connections with them. To say otherwise would be to lie to you and lie to myself. I think that every encounter can bring us a lot and can bring a lot to this girl. We all have things to learn from each person. Every relationship we have allows us to learn and gain experience.

I don't need girls. I just love them. And I think that's essential to being a well-rounded person. Finding the answers within ourselves is something that's important. True love comes from within. But if we're not able to share that love for ourselves with the world and the people around us, that's sad.

SirWanksalot likes this.
  5. Мобильный

Мобильный Fapstronaut

I want to be around women, dont get me wrong. I don't think we should all become chaste and celibate, although that is also not that bad. I am a man and it is only natural for me to desire women. But to make them my priority, to think of this as THE WAY to be happy - now that is wrong. If I am rejected, I will not think of it as something that bad because I know with my essence that I can be happy even without a single woman in the world. Why worry then?

6. Ahh I didn't fully understand your point. I totally agree with you.

7. You are right, I did read that book, and it helped me. It was Manson who made me understand it the way that I wrote in that post.

Because someone's personality, skills, past, experiences, and goals should never change because of other people.

And if nobody else likes who I am or what I do, because that isn't cool for them, that is not a sufficient reason to change myself.

The reason that i do what I do or am what i am, or make changes is because of decisions that I made.

If I am a person who will not run a business unless I can make a 25% profit margin, then if I run into a dollar store moron who runs at breakeven, they might say I'm stupid and that I'll never make it.

They might be right, but that shouldn't change the decision about my goal.