1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I’ve been kicked out of my house, need advice.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kurtyboy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Kurtyboy

Kurtyboy Fapstronaut

Hello,

I’m in search of advise, I’ve just had a big fight with my parents and I’m being kicked out. I have 2 weeks to leave and I’m not sure where to go. I’m 19, I’m employed full time, I have a good amount of savings, and a car (making payments). I would really appreciate some advice on how I can make this transition the best way. Especially in a time like this. I don’t really have a lot of people I could ask, I figured this might be a good place.

2. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Do you have any close friends you can live with until you find a place? I would do that and start looking for sublets or shared housing. But first I would try to get on good terms with my parents. If they let you back in, you can spend your time looking for a place to live and saving up money for the move in costs. Also having a job is crucial, so make sure you do not for any reason quit or get in trouble at work.

zilean and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Friends and family in the area? if not contact your county or city and they can direct you to affordable housing

zilean likes this.
  4. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear about your situation if you can't stay with a friend, try hotel or if hotel is closed due to a virus, try to get a tent and sleeping bag and find some place in some small forest or some place where campers come.

5. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

@Kurtyboy wishing your success on your future path!

You have a job and a good amount of savings so I encourage you to live where you desire, but live comfortably, even if it means living in a cheap apartment.

I just signed a new lease starting May 1, and I really like the place, and there seemed to be lots of other places available, so use this time as an opportunity to get a place you can afford for the next year.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear this. It's a terrible time to get kicked out.

7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Happened to me when I was around that age. I had a job so I got an apartment. My grandpa was nice enough to co-sign since I couldn’t get approved on my own.

8. BalancedLife

BalancedLife Fapstronaut

Hi,

this reply might come a week too late. However, here goes: first, check with your local authorities if it's even something that your parents are allowed to do, in the current climate. Where I live, all new moves (ie. those unarranged before the lockdown went into effect) have been banned and people are no longer renting, letting or viewing new homes until the measures are lifted.

Even if this is not the case, try and work some sense into their heads; make them see that this is not the time to kick your children out, even if you've had a "big fight". In the meantime, look for a place and move out on your terms once you have found it.