1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability Partners

Fight the Good Fight

1. LifeIsPower

LifeIsPower New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone! I'm looking for someone (or even a group of people) to be accountability partners with and fight this together! Maybe we could share scriptures or conference talks and just encourage one another to stay strong!

I am a 21 year old returned missionary by the way, just for context.

MachoMan577, ethan86 and GK33 like this.
  2. So how do accountability partners work?

3. AntiqueRevolverGuy

AntiqueRevolverGuy Fapstronaut

You two just talk, be friends, and when one is feeling tempted you let the other one know and the other one tries to prevent you from relapsing. It's easier to quit something when someone else is trying to quit with you.

4. Cool, thanks for that clarification. So is this 'talking' done via typing emails/messages to each other or are people able to contact each other over the phone, virtual meetings etc? Or is this something the two people sort out between themselves?

I have supervision at work for the type of job I'm involved in. It's great to be able to just offload to my supervisor, especially if it has something to do with other colleagues or boss and I want things to remain confidential. The thought of confiding in another person about my sexual addictions frightens the heck out of me. I'm only just starting to open up on NoFap now that I'm seeing how it all works here. I can offload and remain undetected (I hope!!). I don't think I could handle my story or things about my addiction being made public, even though I so want to tell my story.

Anyways, I digress ...

5. AntiqueRevolverGuy

Yeah, just sorta work out where you to will keep in contact and message about when it's getting rough, etc.

opening up about this stuff is indeed hard at first. This site allows anyonomity pretty well, so I like that. But when you have a accountability partner, if you don't lay certain boundaries for yourself, you'll find yourself revealing more than you feel comfortable with. Some people are natural at getting you to talk about yourself.
    just avoid the people who like to judge you by habit. it's a very rude thing some people do where they ask you for vulernable details, then immediately start attacking you for that. just disrespectful.

Azzure likes this.
  6. Liba689

Liba689 Fapstronaut

If anyone's interested, I'm also available to be an Accountability partner

7. AntiqueRevolverGuy

Is that the Beaver mountain?
    anyone today I feel kinda exhausted, sex drive wise. relapsed 3 times. I think it's gonna take a day before I'm up to thinking about accountability partners and such

8. Liba689

Liba689 Fapstronaut

No, it's liba689, I'm new here

9. AntiqueRevolverGuy

what's your story, you can start a private conversation with me